October 2014 Book of the Month: Hallowe'en Party

adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola admin

It goes without saying that the title of this 1969 novel makes it the top candidate for October’s Book of the Month

Leave your thoughts, theories, questions and queries below.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I like this book but It is not as good as ABC, McGinty and Folly, I like Spence and Elspeth who were left out of the Adaptation which wasn't brilliant, Anyway The Book is OK.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States ✭✭✭
    I love this book and tv adaptation.  One of my favs.....

The best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes.

Agatha Christie

• tanyadelliotttanyadelliott Hampshire, United Kingdom Investigator
    Am I the only person finding the book of the month difficult? No wonder there is so little input, I struggle to find it every time. Looking forward to reading Halloween Party, as I've not read it before.
  • RAhmadRAhmad New Jersey, United States Investigator
    The book strats off very strong but the ending is overly dramatic and a little romantic for a good mystery read. Poirot is a romantic character but it would have been better for the story to end within the village. Not in league with Murder in Mesopotamia, Murder on Orient Express, The Other Girl, The A.B.C. Murders, etc.
    I think you mean Third Girl
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago Investigator
    My first Christie book!
  • maryamalbulushimaryamalbulushi Oman ✭✭✭
    I READ THIS both in English and Arabic and i liked it i mean it could have been better but over all it's a nice book ... by the way you guys celebrate Halloween on October right? 
    We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States ✭✭✭
    I READ THIS both in English and Arabic and i liked it i mean it could have been better but over all it's a nice book ... by the way you guys celebrate Halloween on October right? 
    Yes, October 31st. 

The best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes.

Agatha Christie

I agree, It could have been better but all in all a good book.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    It's a very good book and very unusual. The plot has a different type of victims and the motive is not very common in AC's books. The whole story is very odd (in a good way) and that's why it catches the attention and it's so good.
    Also, it's very interesting the references about others stories (Cat Among the Pigeons, Mrs McGinty's dead) and about a greek tragedy.
    I'm very fond of this book and I think it's one of the best Ariadne/ Poirot books.
    Besides, the tv adaption is very well done.
    Certainly, it's a book to read and a film to watch.