Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Tom Adams - Christie Book Covers

2»

Comments

• ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States ✭✭✭
    Oh, I forgot to add - I was wondering what people thought of the newest covers with the Christie signature on them? I like them as they boil it down to one primary important image. I didn't like the covers before that that used boring static one-color desolate scenes like a street lamp or empty street. Too generic and dull!
  • I like some of the signature mono B&W but the Mr Quin one is blue and just awful! Not a raibow of Harlequin colours. 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
  • ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States ✭✭✭
    I agree that they missed an opportunity with that one - could have definitely used rainbow colors and a harlequin mask.
  • MissQuinMissQuin ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    I like alot of the latest book book covers. Some are in the style of Art Deco posters. But there are exceptions. I liked the Mr Quin one at first, then I later thought perhaps it's too cartoon like? I think the cover nees mystery depth and a touch of something sinister. 

But I noticed they made an error with Lord Edgware Dies- there is no gun in the plot! I wonder how many other spoilers and errors are on Christie book covers?

Christery Thank you for telling me about Dr Who, I will try and catch that episode sometime. 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
  • One of the best is the 4.50 From Paddington cover. The clues are all there , even the compact. 
2»