Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

What Poirot novels do you think would be better suited to Miss Marple?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes I was forgetting, perhaps The could be run by friends of Lord and Lady Stubbs which they hire out or perhaps Lord Stubbs's Mother is an old Friend of Dolly.
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    You mean Mrs Folliat?
    Yes, I can see her and Dolly mixing in the same circles
    What about replacing Tommy and Lady Derwent for The Beresfords for Why Didn't They Ask Evans? or the other way round for By The Pricking of My Thumbs?
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    I would like the Beresfords in "Why Didn't They Ask Evans" - I feel sure that Tuppence would like Bassington-ffrench as well.
  • I would like the Beresfords in "Why Didn't They Ask Evans" - I feel sure that Tuppence would like Bassington-ffrench as well.
    Can't help but wonder why Christie didn't use Tommy & Tuppence in "Evans" because Bobby Jones and Lady Frances Derwent are similar to them. 

“People in the dark are quite different, aren’t they?”  ― A Murder Is Announced 
  • ChristieFanForLife ChristieFanForLife ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think I read somewhere in John Curran's coverage of Christie's notebooks that she was going to use the Beresfords in Cat Among The Pigeons. Makes sense since the book has a spy angle to it. But I'm kind of glad that they weren't used but I'm sure Tommy & Tuppence wouldn't have made a late appearance half way through the book like Poirot did. Using the Beresfords would have resulted in a more fluid book, whereas Poirot's long-awaiting arrival divided the story into two parts. It's been awhile since I read "Pigeons" but did anyone get that impression? 

“People in the dark are quite different, aren’t they?”  ― A Murder Is Announced 
    I don't think The Berefords in CAT P would have made a good read, I think \Miss Marple wold have been better, I wonder if Bundle and Battle would have worked in Evans or Bundle and Narracott, but I am glad we have Bobby and Lady D, we don't have enough of them or Bundle and Lord Caterham or Narracott
    I would have liked to have had more of Spence and his sister Elspeth
    Hercule Poirot's Christmas which would make it Miss Marple's Christmas, She could be a Friend of The Woman who is arried to The Man who lives at The House,  and I know it isn't a Novel The Adventure of The Christmas Pudding