If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.
1) What song does Marlene Dietrich sing in the Billy Wilder movie version of WFTP?
“I May Never Go Home Anymore”
2) In a 1957 stage production of WFTP at Theatre-By-The-Sea in Mantunuck, Rhode Island, who played Sir Wilfrid and who played Romaine?
Basil Rathbone played Sir Wilfrid, Fay Emerson played Romaine
3) Who gets top billing in the opening credits of the 1982 TV movie WFTP?
4) What late-1940's NBC radio series did a production of WFTP?
Radio City Playhouse
5) Who did the production design for the Broadway production of WFTP?
Kathryn B. Miller
6) Which member of Kim Cattrall's family was also a big fan of Agatha Christie?
7) Which episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot did Toby Jones appear in and who did he play?
Murder on the Orient Express, Samuel Ratchett
8) Which episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot did Monica Dolan appear in and who did she play?
After the Funeral, Miss Gilchrist
9) Which episode of Agatha Christie's Marple (with Geraldine McEwan) did David Haig appear in and who did he play? Also, which episode of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple (with Joan Hickson) did David Haig appear in and who did he play?
McEwan: Murder is Easy, Major Hugh Norton; Hickson: 4:50 from Paddington, Alfred Crackenthorpe
10) Who won a Golden Globe for performing in the 1957 film of WFTP?
11a, 11b,11c) The murder weapon that kills Emily French is different in the short story, play, and TV adaptation. Which weapon is used in each case?
a) Crowbar (short story), b) Cosh (play), c) Candlestick (TV adaptation)
12) In the short story, in which street did Leonard Vole first meet Emily French?
13) In the short story, Emily French owns at least how many cats?
14) In the short story, what is the name of the woman who gives the solicitor letters that can discredit a witness?
15) Who directed the 2016 TV adaptation?
16) Billy Howle will play a character with the last name "Mayhew" in which upcoming movie?
On Chesil Beach
17) What kind of soup did Marlene Dietrich make for Billy Wilder during the filming of Witness for the Prosecution?
18) Which Agatha Christie story will screenwriter Sarah Phelps adapt for television next?
Ordeal by Innocence
And the winner is...
Piers Cardon (Dr. Sheppard)! Well done!