If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.
Hello! With the US release of The Witness for the Prosecution coming soon on Acorn TV, we’re having a little trivia game. Please take a look at these The Witness for the Prosecution–themed questions. Some are fairly easy, some are really difficult.
1) What song does Marlene Dietrich sing in the Billy Wilder movie version of WFTP?
2) In a 1957 stage production of WFTP at Theatre-By-The-Sea in Mantunuck, Rhode Island, who played Sir Wilfrid and who played Romaine?
3) Who gets top billing in the opening credits of the 1982 TV movie WFTP?
4) What late-1940's NBC radio series did a production of WFTP?
5) Who did the production design for the Broadway production of WFTP?
6) Which member of Kim Cattrall's family was also a big fan of Agatha Christie?
7) Which episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot did Toby Jones appear in and who did he play?
8) Which episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot did Monica Dolan appear in and who did she play?
9) Which episode of Agatha Christie's Marple (with Geraldine McEwan) did David Haig appear in and who did he play? Also, which episode of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple (with Joan Hickson) did David Haig appear in and who did he play?
10) Who won a Golden Globe for performing in the 1957 film of WFTP?
11a, 11b,11c) The murder weapon that kills Emily French is different in the short story, play, and TV adaptation. Which weapon is used in each case?
12) In the short story, in which street did Leonard Vole first meet Emily French?
13) In the short story, Emily French owns at least how many cats?
14) In the short story, what is the name of the woman who gives the solicitor letters that can discredit a witness?
15) Who directed the 2016 TV adaptation?
16) Billy Howle will play a character with the last name "Mayhew" in which upcoming movie?
17) What kind of soup did Marlene Dietrich make for Billy Wilder during the filming of Witness for the Prosecution?
18) Which Agatha Christie story will screenwriter Sarah Phelps adapt for television next?
Once you’ve gotten as many answers as you can, please send your answers in– here’s how to find the relevant email address:
Here’s what you need to do. Watch the videos on the making of The Witness for the Prosecution here: http://www.agathachristie.com/watch/the-witness-for-the-prosecution/behind-the-scenes. Then, use what you’ve learned to answer the following questions.
1) Toby Jones says that you “absorb Agatha Christie like you absorb” who?
2) Monica Dolan says that she was once “a bit obsessed” with one of Christie’s novels. What is the proper noun in the title of that book?
3) Kim Cattrall says that she once participated in a workshop for the play version of Witness for the Prosecution in which city?
Let’s suppose that the answer to #1 is “Dickens” (it’s not), the answer to #2 is “Mesopotamia” from “Murder in Mesopotamia” (it’s not), and the answer to #3 is “Los Angeles” (it’s not) If the city in question has more than one word (maybe it does, maybe it doesn't), include all the words in the city's name. You would string your answers together– all lowercase, no spaces, into dickensmesopotamialosangeles. That gives you the secret email address where you have to send your answer– dickensmesopotamialosangeles –at– gmail.com. Send your answers to the correct email address.
Once you’ve figured out the name of the secret email address, you need to send an email to that address with the following information. Put “TWFTP TRIVIA GAME” in the subject line. Then include:
1. The name of the mystery defendant.
2. Your name.
3. Your user name on the discussion boards.
That’s how you’ll submit your answer!
(Those of you who played the first game will have a head start on this.)
Please send in your answers by Midnight, January 31st, CST. Good luck!