Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Mystery Books for the Fall

AnnikaAnnika United States of America Investigator
Hello everyone,
I just made a blog post that rounds-up some fall-themed mysteries. Check it out and see if any of the books strike your fancy. Feel free to leave a comment if you have other fall-themed selections I might be interested in!

Annika
Blogger at The Season Ahead
"You'll turn out ordinary if you're not careful." - Ann Brashares

Comments

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    Hi, did you mean to provide a link?
  • AnnikaAnnika United States of America Investigator
    Hi, did you mean to provide a link?

Oh sorry, I should have done that. Here it is: Fall Mystery Reads
    Annika
  • PetePete UK Investigator
    Thank you for the list.Some good suggestions to try out as the nights draw in and I start to light our kitchen fire for cosy nights of reading!
    "You didn't complain or say it was my fault. It was at that moment I began to think you were wonderful."
  • I'm glad you included "The Devil's Novice" - it is one of my favourites from the brother Cadfael series. There are some good winter books there too - "The confession of father Haluin" is my favourite winter book.
    Pete said:
    Thank you for the list.Some good suggestions to try out as the nights draw in and I start to light our kitchen fire for cosy nights of reading!

Thanks, it was hard to narrow it down because there are so many but I tried to include a good variety of old and new.
    Annika
    I'm glad you included "The Devil's Novice" - it is one of my favourites from the brother Cadfael series. There are some good winter books there too - "The confession of father Haluin" is my favourite winter book.
    I am debating about creating a Winter Mystery Book selection in December. I will try to do it if I have time. It is not so much the writing but all the reading I have to do! :)
    Annika
  • I hope you do it! I can suggest Ellis Peters' "Virgin in the snow" (in addition to the one mentioned above), and Charlotte Macleod's "Rest Ye Merry", "The Convival Codfish" and "Murder goes Mumming", Ngaio Marsh's "Wrapped in Tinsel" and "The Dancing Footman". 
  • EleciaWilsonEleciaWilson Portsmouth Fan
    edited July 26
  • AbbyDaviesAbbyDavies Portsmouth Fan
    On the off chance that you are searching for a snicker and a decent secret you should read the Sisters Grimm books by Micheal Buckly. To expand on this answer, you are making a really wide inquiry and in the event that you need great secret books, The Diary of Anne Frank is a quite decent one. No one knows where she is hiding..thus persuading this is a puzzle. Maybe any Sherlock Holmes books? Despite the fact that we know he understands his puzzles so they aren't excessively strange towards the end, hes only a decent investigator however, what are you gunna do right?