Ben Affleck Directing, Starring in ‘Witness for the Prosecution’ Remake

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
If this happens, it will be very different from the upcoming BBC version:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ben-affleck-witness-for-the-prosecution-1201841040/

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I see Affleck as Vole.
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom admin
    Who else would you like to see catch in this remake?
    Any questions? Please email generalenquiries@agathachristie.com
  • When I Tommy_A_Jones said:
    I see Affleck as Vole.
    When I read that Ben Affleck would direct and star in the film I thought he would play Leonard Vole. 

“People in the dark are quite different, aren’t they?”  ― A Murder Is Announced 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    Stephen Berkhoff as Mayhew, Imelda Staunton as The Nurse and Catherine Zeta Jones as Vole's Wife as it will be an American Production so it has to be people who The American's Know and I am not up on my American Actress's
  • I wonder if Affleck will remain faithful to the material. Is he a fan of Agatha Christie? I wonder if he even read one book of hers. 

• mppeacockmppeacock UK Investigator
    The 1982 film staring Ralph Richardson, Wendy Hiller, Beau Bridges, Deborah Kerr, Diana Rigg and Donald Pleasence is available on
    YouTube (complete 102 minutes) : https://youtu.be/pjEIsGauX04
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    I love the original black and white version of Witness and it will be hard to live up to its quality in my opinion. 
  • @Agathasmykid: It's definitely going to be hard to live up to and even with the 1982 film as well, though the b&w version is the definitive one in many fan's eyes. Does Ben Affleck even read Agatha Christie? 

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    @Agathasmykid: It's definitely going to be hard to live up to and even with the 1982 film as well, though the b&w version is the definitive one in many fan's eyes. Does Ben Affleck even read Agatha Christie? 
    Hi, very good question. I hope he isn't doing it just because he thinks he has a potential money making movie in his hands.