Emma Stone and Alicia Vikander set for rival Agatha Christie biopics

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
I don't know about these projects.  There have been biopics floating around for years that aren't supported by the estate, and who knows what will happen to these potential films.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/27/emma-stone-alicia-vikander-rival-agatha-christie-biopics-sony-paramount

Comments

• HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    Thanks @GKCfan! What I found odd was that the article stated they wanted to portray her 'in her formative years as a “proto-feminist” unhappy with traditional wife-and-mother expectations'. An odd choice, in my opinion, since nothing about her really suggests proto-feminism (though feminism was known in her era, under a different name, yes - proto-feminist would be the wrong choice of words). And I don't think traditional expectations of her worried her very much!
    Though I do want to see a biopic of Agatha Christie, I would seriously suggest sticking to the facts (obtained from her autobiography, as well as Sir Mallowan's, or her occasional diaries and notebooks. Her Mary Westmacotts also may be quite useful)