Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Agatha Christie BBC Dramatizations

Does anyone listen to the BBC Dramatizations that they have adapted from her books? If so, which ones are your favorites? One thing that I noticed is that the programs are very faithful to the books. The adaptations that I have listened to thus far were Death On The Nile, Murder On The Orient Express, and Lord Edgware Dies which all had John Moffatt as Poirot -- a very good Poirot on radio I must say too! I'm currently listening to A Murder Is Announced and so far it's a very good adaptation and I'm really enjoying it. Love the cast members and again it's faithful to the book.

There are also some radio dramatizations (https://www.penguinrandomhouse.co.uk/media/news/2015/september/agatha-christie--the-lost-plays/) that has just been unearthed and rediscovered. I definitely plan on buying these soon. The stories are: Butter In a Lordly Dish, Murder In The Mews, and Personal Call. I'm really looking forward to Personal Call. I listened to a preview of it and it's definitely got my attention. I hope we hear of some more unearthed material in the nearby future. 

“People in the dark are quite different, aren’t they?”  ― A Murder Is Announced 

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Collection of Audio Cassettes of Agatha Christie Books, All The Miss Marple's, and a few of The Poirots these are Dramatizations, The Majority of them are very good, even though they are Abridged, I also have Hugh Frazer Reading some Poirots and Samantha Bond reading The Tommy and Tuppence's and Jane Funnel reading WDTAE, I wish I had them all Unabridged and I wish I had the ones Stephanie Cole Narrates, I also have The 13 Problems on 3 lots read by Joan Hickson.