MYSTERY MAN SPOILER FORUM

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
You asked for one, so here it is!  Use this forum for spoiler-filled discussions of the clues and the game.  But please, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't read any further!

Comments

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    Great idea for a forum! I will say this here although some may have figured it out already, every time I find one of the solider boys I try and leave a hint.
  • GraybearGraybear West Sussex, U.K. Investigator
    I am terrible at giving clues as I'm either really cryptic or I give it away! 
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK ✭✭✭
    There are two books to browse through for the solution to The Mystery Man Game 2016. 1. The Agatha Christie Who's Who's by Randall Toye, and 2. An Agatha Christie Encyclopedia by Matthew Bunson. Both these books list all the characters, no matter how small, in every Christie book. Confirmed (I hope) by today's clue, there is only one possible thief that matches the clue's we have been given - yesterday there were two. 
  • misstulipmisstulip Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Investigator
    Are you looking at the clues as a puzzle? Possibly an anagram? Or do the names themselves point to a thief?
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I think they point towards one direction. But, I'm not sure.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    There are two books to browse through for the solution to The Mystery Man Game 2016. 1. The Agatha Christie Who's Who's by Randall Toye, and 2. An Agatha Christie Encyclopedia by Matthew Bunson. Both these books list all the characters, no matter how small, in every Christie book. Confirmed (I hope) by today's clue, there is only one possible thief that matches the clue's we have been given - yesterday there were two. 
    Thank Dr. Sheppard for making me aware of these books. I have to admit I have not heard of either one, and will try and add them to my collection. Thanks again!
  • GraybearGraybear West Sussex, U.K. Investigator
    Yes thank you @Dr.Sheppard for the books. I think I will have to invest in them. 
  • swilks1991swilks1991 Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom Investigator
    I have no idea what the clues point to haha. A thief but not a murderer? I can think of one that is very prominent but I can't see how the clues lead to them??
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK ✭✭✭
    Agathasmykid, Graybear. I was doing some research for a conference/talk last year and found the hardback books on Amazon for 1p each (currently £2+ & £3+), dust jackets not so good, but the books are mint condition. Amazon offers a click to view inside, so you have an idea of what the contents are.
  • misstulipmisstulip Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Investigator
    I actually found in our local library! Check there first for the game is afoot! Then you can buy later. 
    I think I'm getting close!