"And Then There Were None" or "Murder on the Orient Express"?

AgathaTopAgathaTop Lombardia, Italy Investigator
Hi guys! I'm a huge fan of Agatha and I have a question for you: what do you think is better between "And Then There Were None" and "Murder on the Orient Express"? Sorry for my english :(

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    And then there were none! It's not only better than Murder on the Orient Express, but it's the best A.C!
    I love this book. It's perfect!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭

And Then There Were None is Excellent and Murder On The Orient Express is perhaps Famous for they Hype that surrounds it.

• I had a problem with the basic concept of "And then there were none" so I prefer "Murder on the orient express", but I think "And then there were none" is better constructed and written.
    Was it the idea that people could be lured onto an Island by a Stranger? I think to read ACs Books and books by many others you have to allow your Imagination to believe the unbelievable is possible,
  • I don't like the idea of SPOILER a judge nominating himself as jury and hangman.

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    @taliashay-arbel, I understand your point.
     SPOILER:
    But I think in his letter he writes that what he his actions weren' t right, that he's wicked. I think he only found a way to satisfy his evil nature being a judge. And I don't think A.C endorsed his behave in any moment.
  • that_girl_againthat_girl_again Tamil Nadu, India Investigator
    A difficult choice but I find ATTWN has a stronger 'woah' moment than Murder on the orient express. Also the former was much more intriguing, executed better and much more mysterious. My favourite Poirot book is ofcourse Murder on the orient express.
    "There are more important things than finding the murderer. And justice is a fine word, but it is sometimes difficult to say exactly what one means by it. In my opinion, the important thing is to clear the innocent"          - Hercule Poirot    

Death in the Clouds 

• CT148CT148 Sydney Investigator
    I have to say I prefer And Then There Were None in either book or television format. I thoroughly enjoy the way each quest is systematically bumped off and despite knowing the murderer, am constantly fascinated by the conclusion. Looking forward to the new BBC tv adaptation in the new year.
    And Then There Were None for me, not a difficult choice I like the plot of both but ATTWN has the edge, I wouldn't take either to a Desert Island though and neither are in my top 10
  • martin223martin223 Levoca, Slovakia Investigator
    I have to say that both of your mentioned books are great. Each is well written but I prefer 'And Then There Were None'. Tonight on BBC One we can see a brand new TV adaptation. I'm waiting for that!  

Martin Kokavec