Postern Of Fate

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    Your Opinion is your Opinion, I am not offended, I didn't get to the end of Chapter 1 the first time I read 3rd Girl or The Seven Dials but I did the 2nd time.
  • @glalonzo0408 have you tried The Secret Adversary?
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    @glalonzo0408 I don't think all the T&T are horrible, but I think they're not good as Poirot or Marple's books. I like The Secret Adversary and M or N, but Postern of Fate is very weak.
    I wouldn't call any of the T&T books Horrible, Murder In Mesopotamia Yes, Endless Night yes, Passenger To Frankfurt Yes, Sparkling Cyanide Yes, but not The T&T Books.
  • MissQuinMissQuin ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

What I have to say probably isn't going to be popular, but in my opinion all of the T&T books were/are horrid.  I have not been able to complete reading one to this date.....just my opinion. Don't mean to offend anyone....
    You should speak your mind Glalonzo, it leads to discussion. I haven't read all of the Partner's In Crime stories, but from extract I have found some of the dialogue, quite painful!  It's full of enthusiasm, probably too much. I'm with Tudes, The best T&T I think are Secret Adversary and N Or M? But saying that, I don't think any are anywhere as good as Christies other books. They have a predictability which I find  frustrating to read, as who doesn't like a shock at the end?

I think my all time favourite Chrisite books is Then There Were None,  which I think is flawless, so I supposed T&T books are so different in tone to what I like.

"Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
    I like Capers and The Tommy and Tuppence Books are great Capers, but I don't just like Capers, I would say And Then There Were None was in a Class of its own, to Compare it to anything is unfair.
  • Tommy_A_Jones -Firstly I if you had read my comment more carefully you'd see that I did not compare Then There Were None to  any Tommy & Tuppence books. I simply was saying which was MY own personal favourite book.  

"Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
    Miss Quin I didn't say you Had, Nor did I think you had but your Post mentioned And Then There Were None and so I thought I would say what I did,
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Glalonzo0408:
    I support MissQuin, in the sense that we all should speak our minds. Maybe even more if our points of view seem to be in the minority; I think that spices the debate.
    No, I don't find all T&T books horrible. As I had said before, N or M? is definitely in mi top five. I also devoured The Secret Adversary last year. Just to inform you all, it was translated in Spain and known here as El Misterioso Mr. Brown, that in English would be The Misterious Mr. Brown. I feel a bit awkward writing its original (and different) name here. I still have to read By the pricking...
    Back to discussion, yes, I found Postern of Fate one of the few books I read by AC I definitely didn't like. Which is a pity, because I think it started really well, the mystery in itself was nicely presented and with less pages (less memories and less repetitions) it could have been a great send off for T&T. 

I totally agree with You, if you have a view that shows you are in the Minority about a subject you must definitely state it, doing so not only spices things up, it keeps the Conversation going and allows people to see something in a way they might not have thought before and might give people the Confidence to give their opinions.

Even By The Pricking of My Thumbs and Postern of Fate are in my view better than Passenger To Frankfurt, Endless Night and Death Comes As The End because they have Tommy and Tuppence, Endless Night, Passenger To Frankfurt, They Came To Baghdad and Destination Unknown need a recurring Character, you couldn't have one in Death Comes As the End.