And Then There Were None - The Board Game!

RolandoCastilloRolandoCastillo Florida, United States Investigator
edited August 2015 in And Then There Were None
Hello! Just wanted to pass along this information -- In 2014 Peka Editorial, a game company based in Spain, released a game based on Dame Agatha Christie's classic mystery story. Currently available in Spanish only, the game's creators are waiting on final approval from Dame Christie's estate to make the game available in English. Here's a picture of the Spanish edition, titled "10 Negritos". The English version will carry the title "And Then There Were None". This game looks fantastic and I'm waiting for it to be available soon!image

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    It's seems fantastic! I'm anxious to play it!
    Thanks for the news!
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Hi @RolandoCastillo ;That's a fantastic bit of news. I can't wait for the English version.
  • Yes, that's a great news. I can't wait to play it.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    Wow!  Is this like "Clue?"  What is the object of the game?  To survive or to identify the killer, or something else?
  • RolandoCastilloRolandoCastillo Florida, United States Investigator
    Hello, GKCfan! This is the description that is on the "Board Game Geek" website, where I first heard about the game:

10 Negritos (translated as And Then There Were None) is a cooperative board game based on the Agatha Christie novel of the same name. In this game, players take control of a group of characters isolated in a mansion on a lonely island. The characters start getting murdered one after another, and players need to make groups with the characters and send them to different locations, either in the mansion or on the island, in order to discover clues and disclose the identity of the murderer.

Players decide when to take advantage of each character's ability and cards, in addition to guessing who is necessary and who is dispensable. Ideally you'll reveal the killer's identity before time runs out — but not all of the players are what they seem to be and the murderer may have an unsuspected accomplice amongst your group.

Will you be able to cooperate and unmask the killer and his accomplice before the last of the characters dies?

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like a detective version of Dungoens and Dragons meets Cluedo.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    Interesting!  Thank you!  I wonder if the killer is the same from the book, and if it's always the same killer.
    My guess is that the killer can be different every game. There are a couple of gameplay videos out there (all in Spanish, unfortunately) and from what I've gathered it appears that each character has three clues (items like car keys, a pipe, a lipstick case, etc.) unique to them. I'm guessing that finding all three clues keeps that character alive that round. Anyway, I've written to the director of the game company and told him about this discussion thread. I've also written to a licensing representative of Agatha Christie's estate and inquired if the approval has been given. At least this way both the director and the rep can see that there is a lot of interest in the English version of the game. If I hear anything I'll definitely post it here! :) 
    Greetings, all! Just a quick update - earlier this month I received a message from game designer Peka Editorial saying they are working on a tie-in with BBC One's upcoming three-part miniseries of "And Then There Were None." Hopefully this means that the English version of the game will be available for Christmas! 
  • AE123AE123 United Kingdom Investigator
    Hi. I'd love to buy this game for a Christmas present this year. Any news on the UK edition?