Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

What is your favorite Agatha Christie Quote?

SusanfSusanf Investigator
I want to know in her own words, what her feelings were on life, love, war, children, family, etc.  I have a quote from one of her books, but I wrote it in a journal somewhere, I can't find it.  I'm curious to find out what your favorite Agatha quote is? 

Comments

• SusanfSusanf Investigator
    When I find it, I'll list it, I think it was from The Third Girl, or Blue Train,  But I like this one too:

“I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays and have things arranged for them that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas.”
  • I've already mentioned my favourite, from "Ordeal by Innocence: "A little plain, honest-to-goodness neglect". This is the doctor, talking about good parenting.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the quote in Dumb Witness I can't remember it word for word but basically Hastings says Never take a Silor to a Play about the see, Never take a Soldier to a Play about the Army, Never take a Detective to a Murder Mystery and never take an Actor to any play at all. Closely followed by Elspeth McGillicuddy in 4.50 From Paddington saying "Jane I have Just Seen a Murder" and Miss Murgatroyd saying in A Murder Is Announced "She Wasn't There"
  • Tommy, I like all of your quotes!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou Tali, The one in Dumb Witness always puts a smile on my face, The other 2 aree so well known they can't be used in Guess The Quote
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I like the one from Evil under the sun:" It is romantic, yes. It is peaceful. The sun shines. The sea is blue. But you forget, miss Brewster, there is evil everywhere under the sun".
  • LukeMcLArenLukeMcLAren Greece Investigator
    The bit of The Murder In The Vicarage where Mr Clement says: he is a modern poet with no capital letters but it is supposed to be clever.
  • Yes - I think that was poking fun at e.e.cummings.
  • silvanasilvana Investigator
    My favourite is: "An archeologist is the best husband a woman can have.The older she gets, the more interested he is in her."
  • Sylvana, I've read that Agatha Christie said that, but she herself categorically denies it in her Autobiography. So how about another quote?