What is your favorite Agatha Christie Quote?

SusanfSusanf Investigator
I want to know in her own words, what her feelings were on life, love, war, children, family, etc.  I have a quote from one of her books, but I wrote it in a journal somewhere, I can't find it.  I'm curious to find out what your favorite Agatha quote is? 

Comments

• SusanfSusanf Investigator
    When I find it, I'll list it, I think it was from The Third Girl, or Blue Train,  But I like this one too:

“I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays and have things arranged for them that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas.”
  • I've already mentioned my favourite, from "Ordeal by Innocence: "A little plain, honest-to-goodness neglect". This is the doctor, talking about good parenting.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I love the quote in Dumb Witness I can't remember it word for word but basically Hastings says Never take a Silor to a Play about the see, Never take a Soldier to a Play about the Army, Never take a Detective to a Murder Mystery and never take an Actor to any play at all. Closely followed by Elspeth McGillicuddy in 4.50 From Paddington saying "Jane I have Just Seen a Murder" and Miss Murgatroyd saying in A Murder Is Announced "She Wasn't There"
  • Tommy, I like all of your quotes!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou Tali, The one in Dumb Witness always puts a smile on my face, The other 2 aree so well known they can't be used in Guess The Quote
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I like the one from Evil under the sun:" It is romantic, yes. It is peaceful. The sun shines. The sea is blue. But you forget, miss Brewster, there is evil everywhere under the sun".
  • LukeMcLArenLukeMcLAren Greece Investigator
    The bit of The Murder In The Vicarage where Mr Clement says: he is a modern poet with no capital letters but it is supposed to be clever.
  • Yes - I think that was poking fun at e.e.cummings.
  • silvanasilvana Investigator
    My favourite is: "An archeologist is the best husband a woman can have.The older she gets, the more interested he is in her."
  • Sylvana, I've read that Agatha Christie said that, but she herself categorically denies it in her Autobiography. So how about another quote?