"Curtain" nominated for an Emmy!

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
"Agatha Christie's Poirot: Curtain, Poirot's Last Case" was just nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding TV Movie!  No other nominations, unfortunately, but that's a big one!
Tagged:

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    Great news!
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    That is wonderful news,though i haven't watched it and (i know this is silly)but i don,t want to.Neither have i read the book as in some peculiar way,It helps me keep him alive !!!!!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    I understand and respect that, MarcWatson-Gray.  I didn't know how "Curtain" would end before I read it– I might not have had I known!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are better Adaptations which are more deserving of an Award.
  • 3rdGirl3rdGirl New South Wales, Australia Investigator
    I loved it. I also cried at the end. I thought Hugh Fraser was fantastic in it, and was a little less caricature in a way with the loss of his wife and his worry for his daughter.  It was lovely to see Hastings and Poirot together again and falling back into their friendship roles. Of course, Mr Suchet was superb. 

I was lucky enough to see Mr Suchet in a play called "The Last Confession" last year. He truly is a wonderful actor. 
  • JR66JR66 London, City of, United Kingdom Investigator
    Excellent news!
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are better Adaptations which are more deserving of an Award.
    I agree with you. It's not one of my favorites (far from it), but still great news!
  • ginestraginestra Lombardia, Italy Investigator
    I have just bought the DVD. Not watched yet ..we will see. The book is not one of my favourite but it is a good news anyway.
  • AvidChristieFanAvidChristieFan Louisiana, United States Investigator
    3rdGirl said:
    I loved it. I also cried at the end. I thought Hugh Fraser was fantastic in it, and was a little less caricature in a way with the loss of his wife and his worry for his daughter.  

~~~I feel the very same way---he's such a good actor, but seems low-key to many and is often underrated.  I also enjoy his narrations of the books.

It was lovely to see Hastings and Poirot together again and falling back into their friendship roles. Of course, Mr Suchet was superb. 

Absolutely!  

Not all who wander are lost....
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    Unfortunately, "Curtain" did not win Outstanding TV Movie– as expected, the Emmy went to "Bessie," but it was still exciting to be nominated!