How Many AC books are on your shelf at the moment

Luke Luke Investigator
how many are on your shelf at the moment and how many have you read so far?
Also if how many are there to get to complete the set of eg. Poirot, Marple ect

Comments

• GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    I have got about three quarters of them, although some, such as Third Girl, and Death in the Clouds, being 1970s publications, are in such small print, and would hurt my eyes,  that I wouldn't care to read them. I shall have to use Amazon to replace these. I found a good second hand bookshop in Bognor Regis when I visited Butlins holiday camp there. Lots of AC novels, including those which are hard to source.

I have read all the Poirot, Marple and Beresford novels and the non--series.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname ✭✭✭
    I have got 64 novels and 11 collections of short stories in Dutch. In English I still have 21 titles missing from my collection. Haven't checked how many Poirot, Marple etc.

Of the Mallowan titles I have only got 1.

Why are you asking @Luke? Are you able to help with completing our collections?
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Bookshelf of all the Christie Detective Fiction she wrote and The Autobiography and have read them all some a few times.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I have all of the crime novels in portuguese. Nine in english and three in french. I've read almost all of them.
  • I have all of them except the Mary Westmacotts and "Come Tell Me How You Live".

When I was a teenager in the 70s, my mother bought me the Hamlyn "Crime Collection" series with three volumes in one. These contained all the novels and short story collections available at that time.

I bought copies of the novels and other collections brought out after the series finished.

Unfortunately, I lent one of my "Crime Collection" books to a friend and she lost it while moving house. I am still cranky about that more than thirty years later. I had to go out and replace the three stories that had been lost.

Now I very rarely lend books to anyone.

• FrankFrank Queensland, Australia ✭✭✭
    I have every book Agatha Christie has every written as well as all the graphic novel adaptations plus dozens of DVDs. They are all on a bookshelf reserved just for Agatha Christie. There is just a bit of room left on the bookshelf just in case the day comes when they discover an unpublished manuscript. I live in hope.   
  • 3rdGirl3rdGirl New South Wales, Australia Investigator
    I have all the Poirot DVD's.  I've read all the Poirot's and Marples. I don't own them as I borrowed most of them from the library.

I've not really enjoyed the Tommy and Tuppence novels. I did enjoy the Superintendent Battles ones though!

I wish I had a collection like yours @Frank!

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭

I have had Poirot's ABC Murders and EvilUnder The Sun on Video for ages, I managed to get my Favourite Episodes singularly and 2wo others on 1 DVD but had to buy The Clocks with 3 I didn't really want.

• maryamalbulushimaryamalbulushi Oman ✭✭✭
    Wow,@frank you're sooo lucky it's like you have your own mini library which we should pay a visit ^_^
    We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname ✭✭✭
    @Frank: John Curran did find some unpublished story-ideas/notes of AC. Do you have those on your shelf?