Who wants another one?

Who thinks that the Write Your Own Christie contest should be done again?

Comments

• GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    I think it might be hard sharing the writing of one story - but we could write our own, and see what others think. To collaborate, we could advertise the skills we think we have, and offer to help each other out. I think that I can do the dialogue:

"Bien entendu, mon brave!" 

"Monsieur, you must write down the words precisement, that the good Colonel Danvers spoke." 
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Yes, please!
    I've enjoyed each and every minute of the Write Your Own Christie Competition! Writing one chapter at a time on a deadline was exiting. Being part of a collaborative writing event was thrilling and the difficulty of having to adjust one's story line chapter after chapter just added to the overall appeal! What a challenge!
    I miss it!
    Murder In A Green And Pleas...

Please leave a Review for my entry in the Kindle Storyteller 2017 Contest - Read for free with Kindle Unlimited: Joyful Trouble - Based on the true story of a dog enlisted in the Royal Navy.

• Colonel BantryColonel Bantry Investigator
    Yes it was a brilliant idea and I'm sure it helps aspiring writers to focus on the challenges creating a story entails. It certainly gave me the confidence to get on and write and my first book (a textbook) was published last month. All thanks to Agatha Christie Ltd for giving me the confidence to try.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    I would love to see this and watch how it progresses.However i would not take part as i do not have the talent for such things...But i look forward to seeing your results....
  • AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Col Bantry for your success in publishing a book. That is a great achievement. I too would not take part, having no skill, but would look forward to the results.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to seeing the results but I wouldn't enter either as any Ideas I have I would think is an Idea I couldn't use myself, I know I have no chance of having anything published but I would just prefer to keep any Ideas I have to myself which is why I would never divulge anything about the story I am writing apart from saying there is a male sleuth and a female sleuth and my starting point was an Agatha Christie Novel, Anyway Good Luck and I look forward to reading it. 
  • LukeMcLArenLukeMcLAren Greece Investigator
    I think it's a wonderful idea. I know some of her techniques: a sudden twist straight after a obvious indication to the murderer, etc.
    edited December 2015
    Thank you, Agatha Christie!
    You've inspired and motivated me to finish and publish my first book on Amazon Kindle. It is a collection of twelve children's stories, "Little Friends, Big Adventures" by Patricia Furstenberg. Please feel free to have a look :)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018PTM4H4

Please leave a Review for my entry in the Kindle Storyteller 2017 Contest - Read for free with Kindle Unlimited: Joyful Trouble - Based on the true story of a dog enlisted in the Royal Navy.

• Well done Pat. You should be very proud of yourself. I suspect, like me, the writing of WYO Christie gave you the confidence in yourself to write more. All thanks to AC and Agatha Christie Ltd. Congratulations. I hope it sells well. Roger Hoke.
    Thank you very much, Roger!