Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

June's Book of the Month: A Murder is Announced

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    If I can vote today (thrusday), I'll vote Crooked house!

• maryamalbulushimaryamalbulushi Oman ✭✭✭
    I'll vote for crooked house too ... BTW n or m? Has already been the book of the month :)>-
    We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a Good idea Griselda
  • Come on, people, let's vote!
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    Okay. I'll go for Crooked House also.....We can see what results are tomorrow morning (to allow for any time differences)............
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will agree with Crooked House.
    Crooked House is in the lead.................Tomorrow morning for a result ??
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, good idea, I'd say.
    Well....Due to an underwhelming response !!!!   Crooked House wins for August ?
    Does anyone still wish to participate ?
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to discuss A Crooked House. A very interesting book to dramatise. You could angle the storytelling to imply that the self-absorbed parents were SPOILER ALERT, responsible for the neglected upbringing of the murderer, and why that resulted in a crime being committed. That would fit well with contemporary notions of environment being responsible for criminal behaviour. The parents were, indeed, neglectful - up to a point.