Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

June's Book of the Month: A Murder is Announced

Comments

• GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. Is it a virtual roll of film indicated by code in certain posts? Or should one of the more scientific of our number take a wire hat mould and placing their iPad over it proceed to set fire to it to find the solution.......as in MOTOE - not that I need to say. By the way Marc, I would like some of your Scottish clear, cool air and beautiful scenery.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    Ha... I know i should appreciate it a bit more,but being continually drenched does wear one down a bit...Mind you..There's plenty of reading time...!!!!! 
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    Majong is what they played on wet evenings in The Murder of Roger Ackroyd! I'm sure the scenery is wonderful even through the rain.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I think it must be an experiment to see how we cope without a Book of The Month, will someone take Charge and dominate this Thread by talking about their Favourite book and see where the discussion goes like throwing a pebble in a Stream and watching the ripples, after all a discussion about Cards On The Table could then go on too The Man in The Brown Suit, which could lead they came to Baghdad which could lead to Passenger to Frankfurt which could lead to Death In The Clouds which could lead to The Mystery of The Blue Train which could lead to Murder At The Vicarage which could lead to Three-Act Tragedy but if you start with Cards On The Table you could go on to many others.

Yes I remember rolls of Film and Projectors and My sister trying to get me back into a tent in Scotland.

Okay Tommy....Why don't we name... say...... 5 books and everyone can vote on which one to read for August ?

1: A Marple
    2: A Poirot
    3: A Tommy & Tuppence
    4: A Mary Westmacott
    5: A Non Marple/Poirot

I'll name a Marple to throw into the hat : A Pocket Full Of Rye
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, nice one. It has an interesting description of Miss Marple, and interesting dynamics of the crime, you know, how it was committed, some of the SPOILER ALERT murders without knowingly being done.
  • taliavishay-arbeltaliavishay-arbel ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I'll go with A Pocket Full Of Rye. Not my favourite, but several interesting characters. and do widen the subject, How do you like the idea of books based on Childrens Rymes? (Hickory Dickory Dock, One Two Buckle my Shoe, The Crooked House, Ten little... Whatever)
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a Good Idea, Pocketful of Rye has a good use of Nursery Rhyme, I can't remember what other books have been Book of The Month and I have not read Westmacott Books, Has The Clocks been Book of the Month yet, If it hasn't I would put that into the Hat or Towards Zero for Stand alone's  
    1: A Marple.......A Pocket Full Of Rye
    2: A Poirot......The Clocks
    3: A Tommy & Tuppence
    4: A Mary Westamacott
    5: A Non Marple/Poirot.....The Crooked House
    Does this look okay so far ???    How about No:s 3 & 4......... Anyone ?

• GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    Tommy and Tuppence would be good, maybe, because the tv series is on at the moment.