June's Book of the Month: A Murder is Announced

Comments

• GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    Also, is that thing still happening whereby you can't leave a post after 11 pm for an hour. This is looking mysterious, like, gulp, the maid in The Moving Finger not showing up after a night out, and not having put on her going out clothes. You don't think........surely not a real live mystery
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    Being fairly new to this forum I was looking forward to a July Book Of The Month and a subsequent discussion (I didn't miss it did i ? )
    Hopefully there will be an August selection.
    Not that it would inhibit any A.C. book reading if there wasn't one,but a  discussion afterwards is a great way to learn more or maybe get more out of said story....
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    I think the book of the month does give a focus to discussions, and, presumably, the admin/moderators might gen up before posting the selection, and have a few links, facts and quotes from AC to guide us along, and answer any queries. I know that posters do answer each others' questions, and we seem to get along fine in any case, but a bit of structure is ever useful, in my opinion.
  • Who decides on the Book of the month?  How can we, the fans. "nudge" him/her?
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

Who decides on the Book of the month?  How can we, the fans. "nudge" him/her?
    I don't know who does it. I would like to know too.But, it's not the first time. In april, the same thing happened. The book of the month Giant's Bread was dicussed during the months of april and may (2015). Only in june, they changed to A Murder is Announced (the current one). I hope they change soon
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Griselda, I love your idea of us all being Characters in an AC Novel, It makes me think of an Idea I had based on The Hunters Lodge story whereby someone is relaying things to someone who can't be on the spot and the person not on the spot solves it, I would call Battle rather than Japp as he has his own Mysteries It has never happened before that we have not had a Book Of The Month although the Feature did not always exist, It is a fairly new addition I think.
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    It is a bit strange. We better monitor each other to make sure that no one has uncharacteristically become absent from the site, or to check that somebody's thread doesn't disappear mid sent...............
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very F...
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    I was only knocked out, but survived like the old lady in Dumb Witness. Is it, Tommy, some kind of experiment to see if we turn into Lord of the Flies characters and without rules and moderation start separating into rival factions, the ones who want to discuss tv adaptations, and the ones who want to talk about the novels, and try to eliminate each other. Or is it a ruse to make us write a novel together, because we've run out of things to say and all know each others' preferences? Shall we try being really controversial, and see if we get moderated, and if we don't, well, we might have to call on Old Bill to go to Angola, is it, and check the organisation are OK!!!!!!!
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    We can sail to Angola like Anne Beddingfield in The Man In The Brown Suit....Is he the Moderator ?
    Is the title of August's Book Of The Month,inside a  container that would normally hold a roll of film ?????

P.S. Does anyone remeber rolls of film ??