Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

June's Book of the Month: A Murder is Announced

Comments

• GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    I've just had a thought. It is very nearly time for us to consider September's book of the month.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    Doesn,t time fly Griselda !!!!   Who shall put up potentials this time ??
    I enjoyed Crooked House so much.It's now one of my favourites....
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭

The Powers that be might have woken up and choose, I personally can't remember which books have been Book of The Month.

• GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    I shall have to search for my copy, but maybe another non- series, Why Didn't They Ask Evans? Or, with the talk about the up and coming film, we could read and savour the characterisation of Murder On The Orient Express, perhaps.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭

Of those 2 I would plump for WDTAE

• MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    Why Didn't They Ask Evans ? for me !!!
  • poojapooja Lucknow,India Fan
    Haven't read it yet but will surely watch the movie made on it...
  • LukeMcLArenLukeMcLAren Greece Investigator
    I've always considered this book as one of my favourites. The best part is where the most important clue is whether Amy Murgatroyd put emphasis on the first word in the sentence or the last one. Such an important clue, so she is murdered. I think it is good since it one of the books you can guess yourself, none of the information is with held. bunch is the best character, though a little too like Griselda. It was obvious that Miss Marple needed an ally in the village. Also the first book with Inspector Craddock.
  • Banks1957Banks1957 New York City Fan
    I am new to Agatha Christie so this is a very good suggestion.  Only read two books so far so I have a ways to go.  Thanks for the great reviews of "A Murder is Announced."  I will definately check it out. 
  • MCGMCG Spain Fan
    I love this book. It is one of my favorite. I have read several times and I get never tired of it!! I think is the most original story of A. C.