BOOK OF THE MONTH MARCH 2015 - FIVE LITTLE PIGS

adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola admin
This month we have chosen Five Little Pigs as our Book of the Month as Agatha Christie's former holiday home, Greenway Estate, is opening its doors for the season this week.

Whether you are reading the book for the first time or re-reading, share your thoughts on it here with other readers.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I find this book, average, Good but not great.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I like this book a lot. I read it four times and each time I like it much more than the first time. I think the idea of solving a crime that took place sixteen (I think) years earlier is amazing and I enjoy a lot how Poirot puts together all pieces of the puzzle.
    I do like the Cold Case aspect.
  • maryamalbulushimaryamalbulushi Oman ✭✭✭
    Guess what?!! I finally bought this book I am so happy but currently I am reading a murder is announced
    We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...
  • I will read it. I hope enjoying it.

Guess what?!! I finally bought this book I am so happy but currently I am reading a murder is announced

Two amazing books! I wish you like both of them!
    A Murder Is Announced is an Excellent Book, ENJOY :-)
    Besides the cold case aspect, I also like the characters. They seem very real. They wish something and they can never reach it. And their lives were marked not only by the murder, but also by their unsatisfactory (and sometimes painful) life. In general, they're a bit "tragic".

SPOILER:

For instance, Elza murdered her lover and she has never been discovered until Poirot solves the crime. Besides, Caroline was considered the culprit. But, Elza never felt alive again. She has suffered for all these years even having commited a "perfect crime" (until Poirot shows up, of course).
  • maryamalbulushimaryamalbulushi Oman ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it ,it was worth it I finished the book in 2 days but I pissed off at the end it's like no one but that tiny group knew that elza is the murderer and she refused to admit it in front of the law ,also I felt very sorry about Mr. and Mrs. cril ( I don't know the spelling because I read it in Arabic) :-(
    We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...
  • DaphneDaphne Canada Investigator
    In his last interview with Angela, Poirot deduced that she had been reading a life of Goguen prior to the murder. This never comes up again. Is there a reference or an inference that I am missing?