Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Which Was Your First Agatha Christie Book?

Comments

• silvanasilvana Investigator
    The first Agatha Christie story I read was: Murder on the Nile , In dutch, because i'm from Belgium.
  • novi.rubinovi.rubi Investigator
    My first Agatha Christie book is the thirteen problems...
    I really love Agatha Christie's Novel, but its really pitty for me coz its really hard to get her novels @my home town...
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is my favourite book of short stories, last time I read it I changed the order of preference of the stories.
  • that_girl_againthat_girl_again Tamil Nadu, India Investigator
    My first was Murder on the orient express.My mom is a librarian. She told me they had bought a best seller by someone called Agatha Christie. I knew who she was but I hadn't read any of her works at that time. Since mystery is my favorite genre I decided to give it a try as I hadn't found a good mystery book in a while.It has and also will be my favorite book ever.I'm so glad i read it because that was the start of a beautiful relationship between me, Hercule Poirot and Agatha Christie. I haven't missed any of her works since then.
    "There are more important things than finding the murderer. And justice is a fine word, but it is sometimes difficult to say exactly what one means by it. In my opinion, the important thing is to clear the innocent"          - Hercule Poirot    

Death in the Clouds 

• svcodemansvcodeman Pennsylvania, United States Investigator
    My first was Body in the Library
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Reading comments like those of @Christery, @Lucy_G_Lemon, @earthmist and @that_girl_again makes me think (and also, feel) that part of our joy for AC comes from our own personal history and the way we got in touch at first with her.
    While I was imagining all your memories, I could also re-create my own  ones with AC books or other literature in general. I used to be a shy teenager with not so many friends, who had difficulties to connect with other people (until I entered the swimming team, that was when things started to get better).
    AC books could send me away to distant places, both in time and space, with distant people. They could definitely change my reality completely for many hours, and that is, I think, a goal of literature that no author should never not considerate. 
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    I treat every Agatha Christie as my first book, that way I can read them with an open mind.
    These little grey cells. It is up to them.

Every murderer is probably somebody's old friend.

Curious things, habits. People themselves never knew they had them.

(Agatha Christie)
  • mousetrapmousetrap Investigator
    I think the first Christie I read was Three Blind Mice/The Mousetrap, followed by Hercule Poirot's Christmas. 
  • Laura AnnLaura Ann Investigator
    My first was And Then There Were None back in 1980 when I was I was a teenager. I've been hooked ever since.
  • CarrieBCarrieB Utah, United States Investigator
    Mine was The Man in the Brown Suit.  It's still a favorite.  My goal this year it to mostly read Agatha Christie.  I copied out a list of her books and am highlighting them off as I go along.  I've read 5 so far this year. ;)