Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Which Was Your First Agatha Christie Book?

Comments

• youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina ✭✭✭
    My first AC book read was A cat among the pigeons. I read it when I was fifteen or sixteen because my father had suggested me the author, and there was an old copy at home, in Spanish of course, with this story and 2 more: An then there were none and ABC murders (part of her complete works).
    Because of this, it has a special place in my heart (altough I could never say it's one of my favourites). I felt, like many others have commented, that Poirot got really late to the story (just like Miss Marple in The Moving Finger).
    However, it is well-balanced and entertaining.
  • earthmistearthmist Queensland, Australia Investigator
    edited February 2014

My first book ( and still my favourite ) And Then There Were None .... I was 13 at the time I bought it at a book stand before a long train journey.... the 600 miles passed very quickly !!!!

• stevensteven Investigator

And then there were none / aka ten little niggers

• lillittlillitt Investigator
    Perhaps "Murder on the Orient Express", though it's hard to tell.
  • The Body in the Library when I was in Year 7 over 40 years ago.
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany ✭✭✭
    By a coincidence, it was "The mysterious affair at Styles". I didn't know, that it also was the first book, that she wrote, when I bought it. Second one was Death on the Nile, and it was the one that had me hooked.
  • EmsEms France Investigator
    edited March 2014
    The first AC Book I read was One, Two, Buckle My Shoe. And now I won't stop until I have read all of them!  :)
  • RinRin Hong Kong, China Investigator
    Death on the Nile. From then on I simply cannot escape from Agatha Christie. :)

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."

• PenguinPenguin Wisconsin, United States Investigator
    "And Then There Were None" was my first at the age of 11 or 12.
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago Investigator
    edited March 2014
    "Hallowe'en Party" (just like @LL88!). I believe I was 12 years old at the time.