Which Was Your First Agatha Christie Book?

Comments

• youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina ✭✭✭
    My first AC book read was A cat among the pigeons. I read it when I was fifteen or sixteen because my father had suggested me the author, and there was an old copy at home, in Spanish of course, with this story and 2 more: An then there were none and ABC murders (part of her complete works).
    Because of this, it has a special place in my heart (altough I could never say it's one of my favourites). I felt, like many others have commented, that Poirot got really late to the story (just like Miss Marple in The Moving Finger).
    However, it is well-balanced and entertaining.
  • earthmistearthmist Queensland, Australia Investigator
    edited February 2014

My first book ( and still my favourite ) And Then There Were None .... I was 13 at the time I bought it at a book stand before a long train journey.... the 600 miles passed very quickly !!!!

• stevensteven Investigator

And then there were none / aka ten little niggers

• lillittlillitt Investigator
    Perhaps "Murder on the Orient Express", though it's hard to tell.
  • The Body in the Library when I was in Year 7 over 40 years ago.
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany ✭✭✭
    By a coincidence, it was "The mysterious affair at Styles". I didn't know, that it also was the first book, that she wrote, when I bought it. Second one was Death on the Nile, and it was the one that had me hooked.
  • EmsEms France Investigator
    edited March 2014
    The first AC Book I read was One, Two, Buckle My Shoe. And now I won't stop until I have read all of them!  :)
  • RinRin Hong Kong, China Investigator
    Death on the Nile. From then on I simply cannot escape from Agatha Christie. :)

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."

• PenguinPenguin Wisconsin, United States Investigator
    "And Then There Were None" was my first at the age of 11 or 12.
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago Investigator
    edited March 2014
    "Hallowe'en Party" (just like @LL88!). I believe I was 12 years old at the time.