Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Which Was Your First Agatha Christie Book?

Comments

• My first was 'Crooked House'. I thought it was a good book to start at, and it didn't disappoint me at all. It will be a book that I will always re-read.
  • Sad_CypressSad_Cypress Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania Investigator
    My first book was "The Adventure Of The Christmas Pudding". I picked it from the library along with "The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd". And it was a great start for me to dive into A. Christie's world :)
  • maxamillionmaxamillion Walsall, United Kingdom Investigator
    My first Agatha Christie book was A Murder Is Announced and it has always been my favourite.My first Poirot was Dead Mans Folly and that has always been my favourite.
  • My first book was 4.50 from Paddington, not one of my favourites but I enjoyed it enough to try Death on the Nile which got me hooked.
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa ✭✭✭
    I must have read And Then There Were None when I was about 11 or so... I still remember being slightly freaked out towards the end - I realize now that Parental Advisory was not part of my up-bringing - well, nobody ever heard of it back then. Not that long ago, anyway!
    :D
    I did a quick search on wikipedia, looks like PA started in USA in 1985 first in music, was used for "explicit lyrics.
    Well, that's about when I read my first Christie.
    I still have that old copy of And Then There Were None and whenever I pick it up I still get the same thrilling-chilly shiver down my spine!

Loved Write Your Own Christie Competition Amazon Author Page: Author.to/PatFurstenberg Blog at Alluring Creations, Words Fueled by Coffee Twitter @PatFurstenberg 

• roamingrover86roamingrover86 United Kingdom Investigator
    My first book was FIVE LITTLE PIGS, I was 16 then & had finished the entire Enid Blyton's Famous Five & Secret Seven collection , Started reading Alfred Hitchcock's three investigators & then tried Agatha Christie's Five little pigs (which was a gift from my brother) got hooked since. I followed it up with 4:50 for Paddy. Got so excited with the locations & stations . The plot was OK. But since then more than the plot I look out for the characters, locations (inside Britain) & Foods! High tea any one? :)
  • Murder in Mesopotamia was the first one I read
  • My first book was Christmas of Poirot,im my language called O natal de Poirot
  • cwa11acecwa11ace Maine, United States Investigator
    The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and it's still my favorite today. How many people here have their first book as being their favorite?
  • my first is the mysterious affair at styles, i love it because its actually the first novel by agatha, and im hook with hercule poirot since then.