Which Was Your First Agatha Christie Book?

StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece Investigator
Μy first Agatha Christie book was 'The Crooked House' . It was a Agatha Christie classic. An old, rich man or woman is murdered and everyone around him has a motive and the opportunity. When I finished I was completely shocked because when I read it ************* (removed because of spoiler - apologies. Spoiler alert buttons to be introduced soon)  But 'The Crooked House' was only the start. I liked it and continued reading and reading... It is a year I am reading Agatha Christie and I have read almost the half she has written. Do you like the Greek cover for 'Crooked House'?
Old Sins Have Long Shadows
  Elephants can Remember

I'm writing my Christie! Check it Out

Comments

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    Lol...I read my first Christie too long ago to remember...however I found an old copy of Cards on the Table in my house so I am going to guess that was my first.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    My first Agatha Christie book was Evil under the Sun. I love this book. I re-read it at least once a year. It's also a way to come back in time and remember the good moments that you had in your life. And, of course, it's a very good book.
  • My first Agatha Christie was The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd. I'm very glad I read it first, because it's one the very best. It enticed me to read more. Also it's also mentioned frequently in discussions about her work. If I hadn't read it sooner, I would have found out the ending.

That Greek cover-  slight SPOILERS!! attrative, but if you haven't read it, does it give a little too much  emphasis on something crucial... 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
  • I was 12 when I read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and was hooked.  I am now 58 and still absolutely love her original works and will read and re-read them forever.

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    Mine was And Then There Were None.  I was 10 and a half when I read it.
  • AmelieGrenierAmelieGrenier Ile-de-France, France Fan
    Mine was And then there were none as well, in French and I was 14. After that one, I read all her books ...
  • SeaSnapSeaSnap Cornwall, United Kingdom Investigator
    Mine first Christie was 'The ABC Murders' and I enjoyed it from the first to the last page. The book was better than the TV adaptation, as always

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    Aristotle

Check out my Harley Quin Story here: http://community.agathachristie.com/discussion/88/the-harlequin-apartments-by-seasnap#latest

• LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria ✭✭✭
    "Hallowe'en Party" and I read it in English. Then, several years later, I started buying a collection of her books in Bulgarian, and I read the first of the collection - "The ABC Murders". I was surprised by her style (at that time I did not remember how the storyline of "Hallowe'en Party" was). So, now I still think that "The ABC Murders" is a good starting point in Agatha's work.
    I am still to read "The Mysterious Affair At Styles", though.

• MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador Investigator
    My first was Mistress McGinty's Dead (I hope I got the title in English right) I read it in highschool in Spanish and read as many novels I could get here in Ecuador. I hope I could read them all...
  • My firtst book it was The thirteen Problems.Miss Marple.Enjoyed a lot.