Supernatural - The Hound of Death

The Hound of Death mostly contains supernatural stories.

Did you like them?

Do you prefer them to Agatha Christie's normal stories.

Did one story stand apart from the others?

Was there one you hated?

Did you hate or like the characters in the stories?

Comments

• FrankFrank Queensland, Australia ✭✭✭
    I thought the collection of stories was a great read and I enjoyed them all. The title story "The Hound of Death" had a Lovecraft feel to it while "Witness for the Prosecution" is a classic Agatha Christie mystery. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of This book of stories but they make a change if you have nothing else to read and it isn't very long since you read other short stories and a short story is what you want after reading a Novel and before reading another which is what I do, like a Wine Taster who takes a sip of water to cleane his Palette between Wine's. 
  • TeddyBgTeddyBg Bulgaria Investigator
    As a whole I like the book. My favourite story is "The Strange Case of Sir Arther Carmichael", followed by "The Mystery of the Blue Jar" and really hate "The Hound of Death", didn't get this one.

We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...

• My favourites are Wireless and The Lamp.

I didn't get The Hound of Death, either.

I liked The Blue Jar but at the moment I can't remember which story is in which book of short stories, Does it have The Red Signal in, I like that and the story where a Man steals a necklace and buys a Car, the Adaptation has Michael Farrel.
  • KleineCardosoKleineCardoso Sao Vicente, Cape Verde Investigator
    I was very impressed by Wireless because of the idea of karma :-) and  Philomel Cottage because of her courage to stay calm and think of a plan, it was amazing!!! Didn´t really care for the main story the hound of death...
    I think that "The Dressmaker's Doll" has to be a part from this collection.

We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...

The Dressmaker's Doll is in my Edition of Miss Marple's Final Cases.

I Personally don't believe in Karma.

The Dressmaker's Doll is in my Edition of Miss Marple's Final Cases.

Yes. But what I meant was because it's some kind of supernatural story it might be part of "Hound of Death"

Yes, The 2 Supernatural stories spoil Miss Marple's Final Cases for me