Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

The Monogram Murders - New Poirot Mystery

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Hotel?
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom admin
    What Hotel?
    It has been revealed that the Bloxham Hotel, soon to reopen in London, is central to The Monogram Murders. More info and a chance to win tickets to their exclusive reopening here: http://www.bloxhamhotel.com/
    Any questions? Please email [email protected]

Oh Thanks

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭

Tuppence is right.  You can access it from this website too.  Some neat features, however it does some like a website mostly developed to promote the new Poirot book.

• Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa ✭✭✭
    Just read the first chapter of The Monogram Murders :) Sophie Hannah is not loosing any time; quite a few well chiseled details, surely leading somewhere :)
    Loved Write Your Own Christie Competition Amazon Author Page: Author.to/PatFurstenberg Blog at Alluring Creations, Words Fueled by Coffee Twitter @PatFurstenberg 

• TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom admin
    Anyone else looking to read the first chapter of The Monogram Murders will find it available to download free here: www.AgathaChristie.com/the-monogram-murders/first-chapter

Currently available in English (UK), English (US) and Portuguese (BR).
    Any questions? Please email [email protected]
  • RinRin Hong Kong, China Investigator
    The Chinese version is out as well. The translation is a bit exaggerated as usual.

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."

• ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States ✭✭✭
    I'm reading the book now - about 4 chapters in. I must say I am enjoying it and it is not bad. Is it Christie's Poirot? No, it is Hannah's version of Poirot but she has captured enough of him to be recognizable and familiar. Instead of Hastings, we have a new character but he serves the same purpose and there is that fun and familiar back and forth of Poirot seeing things in a different light and seeming to be off on his own tangent. I must say it is fun to have Poirot involved in a new mystery - I just hope it all comes out alright and rings true to the character. To those purists who are having fits, I say just keep in mind that your favorite Television characters ( Doctor Who, Jessica Fletcher, Colombo, etc.) are written by many different people and no one is up in arms - we still enjoy them. I think we are all in agreement that Agatha Christie was truly one of a kind and it's sad that she isn't here to write more novels but I don't feel that should stop us from enjoying a new take on things. Oh well, I'm off to read some more and we'll see how it goes.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    Christery said:
    I'm reading the book now - about 4 chapters in. I must say I am enjoying it and it is not bad. Is it Christie's Poirot? No, it is Hannah's version of Poirot but she has captured enough of him to be recognizable and familiar. Instead of Hastings, we have a new character but he serves the same purpose and there is that fun and familiar back and forth of Poirot seeing things in a different light and seeming to be off on his own tangent. I must say it is fun to have Poirot involved in a new mystery - I just hope it all comes out alright and rings true to the character. To those purists who are having fits, I say just keep in mind that your favorite Television characters ( Doctor Who, Jessica Fletcher, Colombo, etc.) are written by many different people and no one is up in arms - we still enjoy them. I think we are all in agreement that Agatha Christie was truly one of a kind and it's sad that she isn't here to write more novels but I don't feel that should stop us from enjoying a new take on things. Oh well, I'm off to read some more and we'll see how it goes.

That is the whole point though. She was the only one to have written books involving her characters.  That made things even more special. Now that this door is opened, who knows how many authors are going to get a chance to write "a Christie".  Also, Christie's name is still on the front of the book i nreally big letters, that is something that is not right.

Christery, the problem with your argument about Doctor Who, Jessica Fletcher and Columbo is that The Series's came first and so you can't compare, Midsomer Murders went beyond the books but no-one has written a book with Barnaby apart from Caroline Graham