Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

The Monogram Murders - New Poirot Mystery

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    She obviously has taken into consideration the possiblilty f it being a flop and what it could do to her career, if she hasn't that is her own fault isn't it?, thinking about it when an established writer s given the task of writing a book with a known Character it is a bit like Eurovision when Famous acts are given the task of representing GB
  • BloomBloom Investigator
    Excellent I look forward to reading Sophie Hannah new novel in September 2014.
  • DarylDaryl Caerphilly, United Kingdom Investigator
    How fantastic! It will be great to compare both Sophie and Agatha's writing style and see how similar they are!
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom admin
    Cover artwork revealed for The Monogram Murders - watch the book trailer: http://www.agathachristie.com/the-monogram-murders/
    Any questions? Please email [email protected]
  • dvc61dvc61 South Australia, Australia Investigator
    Disappointed. Christie put a lot into the character. Appears to be a cash grab knowing a lot of fans will buy it. Would love someone to have the guts to explain why they are doing this. Love Christies writing and her characters . This won't be a patch on the original, won't be buying it.
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom admin
    dvc61 said:
    Would love someone to have the guts to explain why they are doing this.
    Mathew Prichard, Agatha Christie's grandson, has spoken publicly about the reasons behind the book. One such radio interview is available here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/0/23956266

Any questions? Please email [email protected]
    I have just heard the Radio Interview and I am not convinced by their sincerity, I think to respond to your post dvc61 It is incredibly rare for people to be brave enough to explain stupid Idea if It wasn't rare every Change in the Marple Series would have been explained why ITV put Miss Marple in books she shouldn't be in would have been explained, I can think of other ways the Christie Brand could have been kept in the Nations Consciousness with out the decisions of the last few years being taken, I will buy it and read it just out of Curiosity but I really wish a Different Sleuth had been chosen that is the one thing which really offends me, if it was a different Christie sleuth I would be Grinning from ear to ear from the moment I herd the idea until the moment I had stopped recollections of reading the book but as it happens I am saddened and annoyed.
  • Andreea ValeriaAndreea Valeria Investigator
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if Agatha would have been ok with this new novel...?
    Probably not, she killed Hercule off for a reason, so no-one else will write for him
  • Andreea ValeriaAndreea Valeria Investigator
    I agree with you. it is sad...