The Monogram Murders - New Poirot Mystery

TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom admin
The title has been announced for the new Poirot mystery being published worldwide in September 2014.

Written by best-selling author Sophie Hannah, The Monogram Murders will be the first Poirot novel in 39 years, published across the world in over 28 languages and 50 territories.

"Hercule Poirot's quiet supper in a London coffee house is interrupted when a young woman confides to him that she is about to be murdered. She is terrified, but begs Poirot not to find and punish her killer. Once she is dead, she insists, justice will have been done."

Leave your thoughts, comments and questions here.
Any questions? Please email generalenquiries@agathachristie.com

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    What a Brilliant Plot, It sort of reminds me of Third Girl but at the same time I am sorry Hastings won't be in it as I can see him in such a plot but there again I can also see Japp and Ariadne and Miss Lemon in it but they won't be, what a pity as one or some or all would be nice.
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa ✭✭✭
    The Monogram Murders - sounds exiting! I am looking forward to it - I'll buy the Kindle edition - this way I can have it as soon as it's been released - without having to wait for the overseas post! Can't wait!
    ;;)

I am sorry Hastings won't be in it
    Do we know when exactly the story takes place? I guess we are all hoping to meet Poirot, Miss Lemon, Hastings and Japp one more time - well, in no time at all we will know.

Please leave a Review for my entry in the Kindle Storyteller 2017 Contest - Read for free with Kindle Unlimited: Joyful Trouble - Based on the true story of a dog enlisted in the Royal Navy.

Will there be a Kindle edition available for purchase on the 8th of September or just the hardback? Don't seem to find the kindle format available for per-order on Amazon.

Many Thanks!

Please leave a Review for my entry in the Kindle Storyteller 2017 Contest - Read for free with Kindle Unlimited: Joyful Trouble - Based on the true story of a dog enlisted in the Royal Navy.

Will the new Poirot novel be translated in Romanian as well? If yes - who is the Romanian publisher? Thank you!

• If she doesn't want anything done, why tell Poirot? Or does she think he'll be able to prevent the police from finding her killers. Or does she think that the police will involve him and he'll find the killer - and she wants the killer set free?
    Like the ABC Murders - only this time it's the victim contacting Poirot, not the killer. Unless, of course...
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom admin
    Will the new Poirot novel be translated in Romanian as well? If yes - who is the Romanian publisher? Thank you!
    The book will be published in Romania. You can find the full list of territories here: http://www.agathachristie.com/news/article/global-plans-for-new-poirot
    Any questions? Please email generalenquiries@agathachristie.com
    Thank you, Tuppence!

The Writer should be doing a book with a Character Agatha Christie didn't kill off but the fact that they are resurrecting Poirot shows that eiher they don't have faith in Christie's work or they are using Poirot as a Cash Cow. 

In what year is the book set? It may be a time before Curtain,thus negating the need for Poirot to be resurrected??

Are any of the regular characters in the book,or is there a lot of detail we do not know yet??
    Sophie Hannah speaks of choosing the Golden Era for this particular novel (1930-1940) - as she already had the plot but it wouldn't work with a contemporary set. Watch video here: http://www.agathachristie.com/

"The Monogram Murders will be told from the perspective of a new character - a policeman - who knows Poirot and asks for his involvement in the case."-read more here:

It doesn't matter when the book is set The fact that Agatha Christie killed off Hercule Poirot and didn't want others to resurrect him negates the rights for anyone to write a book for Publication with him in t, Fan Fiction s fne as that is not for publication and purchase in Shops.