Crooked House Movie

FrankFrank Queensland, Australia ✭✭✭
Has anyone any news regarding the movie based on the Agatha Christie's novel Crooked House. Director Julian Fellowes announced it's making in 2011 but it has not been released yet. 

Comments

• StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece Investigator
    I wonder so!
    Old Sins Have Long Shadows
      Elephants can Remember

I'm writing my Christie! Check it Out

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    Fellowes is writing the screenplay, not directing.  Neil LaBute is directing.  The production seems to be delayed, but the movie is, as far as I know, still in development.  However, a lot of the original casting choices may be redone.
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia ✭✭✭
    Thanks GKCfan for the latest on Crooked House. Lets hope production is not to far away.
    You're welcome!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder which casting choices were changed and from who to who and why?
    That is true, I wrote one thing when thinking another what I should have said was all the books those Characters are in are written in the 3rd Person
    That Shouldn't have been on this thread
    GKCfan I was wondering if you or anyone else have heard any news regarding the movie based on Agatha Christie's novel Crooked House. It has been over a year since I last raised this subject in this forum and I have heard nothing about it in the media. 
    Hi, Frank!  Unfortunately, the movie seems to be on the back burner right now.  It had been cast, but it seems like the movie may not be moving forward right now.  Julian Fellowes, who was supposed to write the screenplay, has been busy with Downton Abbey, and LaBute, the announced director, has been working on other projects.  The movie might happen, or it might be stuck in development and stalled forever.  We'll see– the movie industry is full of surprises.
    Hi @GKCfan Many thanks for the update.