Which Agatha Christie are you reading now?

ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Investigator
I have recently bought several Agatha Christie's to read, I am aiming to read as many as possible.

My first one is Cat Among the Pigeons.

It would be interesting to see what others are being read and if they overlap. I'll keep you up to date which one I am reading. Feel free to post yours here too.
These little grey cells. It is up to them.

Every murderer is probably somebody's old friend.

Curious things, habits. People themselves never knew they had them.

(Agatha Christie)

Comments

• I just finished re-reading The Moving Finger . I first read it many years ago so had completely forgotten the plot and whodunnit.  I enjoyed the second reading but remember enjoying it more first time around. Miss Marple comes in very late in the narrative to help out: I think it could have been solved, without her help, by the narrator (in the village for some respite to recover from a war wound) and his dynamic sister.

I haven't read Cat Among the Pigeons so I might try that next!
  • Laura AnnLaura Ann Investigator
    I just finished Passenger to Frankfurt because I hadn't read it in many years and like Lucy, above, had forgotten the plot. I don't care to criticize my favorite author, but let's just say that forgetting the plot was not a bad thing.

I am now moving onto A Caribbean Mystery because I am tired of all this cold weather and snow here in New England and would like to imagine that I am someplace warm with a steel drum band. If Miss Marple were there, that would be a definite bonus.
  • Did you enjoy PTF Laura Ann? Would you recommend it?
  • Laura AnnLaura Ann Investigator
    Hi Lucy,

No, I'm sorry to say that I didn't really enjoy Passenger to Frankfurt. It started off quite well, but started to drag fairly soon afterwards. I didn't care very much about the characters or what was happening to them.I thought the plot was very far-fetched and that much of the book was a treatise on how awful the world was in 1970. I can, however, sympathize with Christie who, after all, was born in 1890 and who must have found the break-down of civility and morals in the 1960s a shock. In any case, it felt like the book was more of an attempt to write a spy thriller, which really isn't Christie's genre. 

I wouldn't really recommend it, but dedicated Christie fans will want to read it eventually because--well--you have to read them all!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    I liked Passenger To Frankfurt until they left The Airport.
  • Lol! I will give it a try, eventually! It is not usually listed as one of her best!

The Worst more like

• Yes, that and Postern of Fate I believe are the worst. I haven't read either yet. I keep re-reading my favourites instead!
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Investigator
    We are slightly of topic.
    These little grey cells. It is up to them.

Every murderer is probably somebody's old friend.

Curious things, habits. People themselves never knew they had them.

(Agatha Christie)
    IApart from ABC Murders, Cards On The Table and 4.50 From Paddington I didn't read any until I had read them a, I read the first 2 5 times each before I had read the lot and 4.50 From Paddington twice