What Does your Name Mean?

2»

Comments

• StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece Investigator
    maryamalbulushi 
    You gussed right!
    Is Gertrudes the dog in your photo? It is lovely!
    Old Sins Have Long Shadows
      Elephants can Remember

I'm writing my Christie! Check it Out

• shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname ✭✭✭
    Greece, UK, Oman, Rio de Janeiro, Bulgaria. Besides the xplanation of your real or chosen names for this site, I admire the fact you"re from all over the world.  :-h Greetings all, I live closest to Tudes in Suriname and my chosen name is the combination of my two first names and is also a first name of mutiple origins. I personally like the meanings of wise and of strong character.
  • AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada ✭✭✭
    Some years ago, "Mrs. Anubis" and I travelled to Jordan and Egypt. One of the highlights of the tour was a Nile cruise. No deaths of any kind, but there it is. We also went in the Great Pyramid, so I decided to choose the pyramids as my symbol. Having done so, I decided my avatar should be one of the Egyptian gods. I bought a little statuette of Anubis, so I settled on him. 
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada ✭✭✭
    I am going to guess that mine is self explanatory? :).

• taliavishay-arbeltaliavishay-arbel ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    My name is my own - Tali (originally Talla, meaning "Girl" in aramaic) Avishay (My husband's surname which I adopted when we married, meaning "Father of gifts" in hebrew). Arbel is the surname my father adopted when he was sent abroad by the Israeli government - at that time it was obligatory to have a hebrew name. Mount Arbel is one of the most beautiful in the country. I'm from Jerusalem, Israel.
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States ✭✭✭
    I just put my favorite book by Christie (Crooked House) and my favorite Christie Character (Harle Quin) together, using the first word of the former and the surname of the latter.
  • AjisaiAjisai USA Investigator
    Mine is the name of a flower.
    "You may know all about cigarettes and match ends, M. Giraud, but I, Hercule Poirot, know the mind of man!"
  • SerourBSerourB Essex, United Kingdom Investigator
    mine means happiness :) or alternative meanings are "a river in heaven" or angel :) x
  • ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States ✭✭✭
    Mine is pretty simple - I love a "Christie mystery" so I just smushed the words together to get Christery!
2»