Favorite Miss Marple Stories?

Comments

• mike1410mike1410 Franklin, New Zealand Investigator
    A Murder Is Announced is my favourite Marple. I have lost track of the number of times I have read that book. I also think that the BBC Joan Hickson adaptation is perfectly cast throughout, and cannot be improved upon even though it's now approaching 30 years old. I was not too impressed with the recipe for Delicious Death that was created for this site a couple of years ago though. I made it but have always thought of Mitzi's cake as being more like a sachertorte :)
    "One does not recognise the really important moments in one's life until it's too late"  Agatha Christie
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just looked up sachetorte, I don't remember seeing the recioe you mentioned on this site but I agree with you, Mitzi is obviously making a Sacertorte and I imagine that is what Patrick is eating I the book and in the BBC version which I have watched many many times and I have read the book about 7 Times, I also have the Audio Cassette with June Witfield and Ian Lavender. :-)
  • MuskaanMuskaan Delhi, India Investigator
    Sleeping murder is the best Miss Marple novel I have read, followed by "A murder is announced" and "A body in the library".
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States ✭✭✭
    A Murder is Announced is one of my favs.....

The best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes.

Agatha Christie

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's "A murder is Announced". It's a very clever plot. It's a quite surprising ending. You start reading it and you can't stop until you know who the murderer is and why s/he did it. Miss Marple, as usual, is marvelous and very clever. This book is outstanding!
  • I didn't read the most of miss marple to be honest I only read 2 of her novels plus her short stories.however my favorite is 4.50 from Paddington I just loved everything about it but one thing makes me ask when miss marple said the last sentence " do you?" it makes me wonder who did the maid end up with?
    We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here — and our last ... They were good days. Yes, they have been good days...
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are my 3 favourites Muskaan but I can't seperate them so they are all in joint 1st place for me.
  • TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom Investigator

My favourites are A Murder is Announced and The Body in the Library. I love the murders that take place when the murderer is apparently somewhere else.

• AgathaSparrowAgathaSparrow Devon, United Kingdom Investigator
    Murder at the Vicarage is very enjoyable I love the way they used Miss Marple
  • Murder at the Vicarage is one of my favs!