Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Favorite Miss Marple Stories?

My favorites are A Body in the Library and A Murder is Announced. Very gripping.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Favourites are A Murder Is Announced, Sleeping Murder and 4.50 From Paddington which I am Currently re-reading and enjoying
  • Out of the three I've read (The Body in the Library, 4.50 from Paddington and The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side), I actually liked The Mirror Crack'd the most. I love Miss Marple's annoyance at being cooped up and fussed over by Miss Knight, it certainly added a lighter touch to the novel. 
    I Hated Miss Knight like no other Agatha Christie Character, Unfortunately people like Miss Knight are still very Common
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany ✭✭✭
    Plotwise, "The moving finger" is the best Miss Marple book, in my opinion. However, "A murder is announced" has some of Christie's best and most multi dimensional characters and is a fun book all around. So I choose "Murder is announced" with "Moving Finger" a close second.
  • Sleeping Murder is my favourite followed by The Moving Finger and A murder is announced.
  • SELIchanSELIchan Aichi, Japan Investigator
    My favorite is the Mirror Crack'd because it was not only my first Miss Marple, it was my first Agatha Christie.
  • Out of the three I have read: The Body in the Library, Sleeping Murder and Nemisis. I enjoyed them all!!! However in terms of the plot and the solution I think Sleeping Murder is superior, I enjoyed Nemisis and The Body in the Library in terms of characters and settings: A coach tour and a libray/ nice hotel. And with Nemisis Miss Marple is always on every page which is not the same with the other two novels because she may dissapear for a chapter or two. As well as that the suspects were interesting in The Body in the Libray and there were only six of them instead of 9-12 which was different.
    Sleeping Murder is one of my Favourites that is to say it is in my top 3 Miss Marple books along with 4.50 From Paddington and A Murder Is Announced, I like the Plot in this one more than the other 2 you mentioned, only slightly though, SPOILER ALERT!!! I like the Cold Case Aspect in Sleeping Murder and the annolitical (If that is the right word) of going about and finding the other suspects
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina ✭✭✭
    Altough I enjoyed very much Sleeping Murder, I found it  weaker (or not so well-done) than A Murder is Announced and The Moving Finger.
    Now I think that about The Moving Finger and I much prefer the Harmon's to the Calthorpe's  but I do like Jerry more than Giles and Jerry's sister to Gwen