Favorite Miss Marple Stories?

My favorites are A Body in the Library and A Murder is Announced. Very gripping.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    My Favourites are A Murder Is Announced, Sleeping Murder and 4.50 From Paddington which I am Currently re-reading and enjoying
  • Out of the three I've read (The Body in the Library, 4.50 from Paddington and The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side), I actually liked The Mirror Crack'd the most. I love Miss Marple's annoyance at being cooped up and fussed over by Miss Knight, it certainly added a lighter touch to the novel. 
    I Hated Miss Knight like no other Agatha Christie Character, Unfortunately people like Miss Knight are still very Common
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany ✭✭✭
    Plotwise, "The moving finger" is the best Miss Marple book, in my opinion. However, "A murder is announced" has some of Christie's best and most multi dimensional characters and is a fun book all around. So I choose "Murder is announced" with "Moving Finger" a close second.
  • Sleeping Murder is my favourite followed by The Moving Finger and A murder is announced.
  • SELIchanSELIchan Aichi, Japan Investigator
    My favorite is the Mirror Crack'd because it was not only my first Miss Marple, it was my first Agatha Christie.
  • Out of the three I have read: The Body in the Library, Sleeping Murder and Nemisis. I enjoyed them all!!! However in terms of the plot and the solution I think Sleeping Murder is superior, I enjoyed Nemisis and The Body in the Library in terms of characters and settings: A coach tour and a libray/ nice hotel. And with Nemisis Miss Marple is always on every page which is not the same with the other two novels because she may dissapear for a chapter or two. As well as that the suspects were interesting in The Body in the Libray and there were only six of them instead of 9-12 which was different.
    Sleeping Murder is one of my Favourites that is to say it is in my top 3 Miss Marple books along with 4.50 From Paddington and A Murder Is Announced, I like the Plot in this one more than the other 2 you mentioned, only slightly though, SPOILER ALERT!!! I like the Cold Case Aspect in Sleeping Murder and the annolitical (If that is the right word) of going about and finding the other suspects
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina ✭✭✭
    Altough I enjoyed very much Sleeping Murder, I found it  weaker (or not so well-done) than A Murder is Announced and The Moving Finger.
    Now I think that about The Moving Finger and I much prefer the Harmon's to the Calthorpe's  but I do like Jerry more than Giles and Jerry's sister to Gwen