Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

WHICH AC STORY WAS NOT BELIEVABLE TO YOU?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the others were the type of people who were too self absorbed to notice outside of themselves, the other one if she is how she was portrayed by Judy Punch is too Jolly Hockey sticks to realise something was amiss, I love the book but can't remember how she is written.
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    The short story "The Forth Man"...

• Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany ✭✭✭
    MissQuin said:
    After The Funeral SPOILERS!!!!! I feel that any stories than involve imposters changing their appearance, give people feelings of disbelief. But it's worth remembering, this was in  the days when alot of photographs weren't clear. They were sepia or black and white, often grainy. If someone like Cora was  prone to heavy make up, then 20 years later, I don't think that anyone could tell. They had no photoes of her to check, as she had no contact with her family. Most of the people at the funeral were of the 2nd generation and didn't know Cora anyway.  Admittedly her brother should have known, but perhaps he was too busy complaining?

The brother wasn't at the funeral. And the nieces and nephews had never seen Cora. Except for the nearly blind butler, only Helen and Maude could have recognised Cora, and Helen at least realised, that something was wrong.

Murder in Mesopotamia is the most unbelievable one to me. The victim simply should have recognised the murderer right from the start.
  • Richard3Richard3 Investigator
    The correct response is "Passenger to Frankfurt."
    As I do not know how The Secret Service operate, I can neither agree or disagree with you. 
  • StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece Investigator
    I shall say that when I read "Cards on table" I told myself "How could someone kill someone and no one noticing him?" However It had a wonderfull plot
    Old Sins Have Long Shadows
      Elephants can Remember

I'm writing my Christie! Check it Out

I agree, Wonderful book
    I wonder if the Murder in Sparkling Cyanide would work, if someone replaced a purse or something in the wrong place would people automatically go to the wrong place and be driven there because of the purse? 
  • MissQuinMissQuin ✭✭✭
    Sparkling Cyanide-  the solution and massive spoiler!!! warning!!!  I imagine myself in their situation, I go off ot dance and leave my purse behind ( actually did people leave purse behind?) and I came back to the table. I certain I  would remember where I had  previously sat. 

BUT Although I know I'd notice if I sat somewhere else, there are people who aren't very aware of their surroundings. If I arrived at the table and someone had already sat down in my own seat, I might be hesitant to tell that person they were in the wrong place. Especially if I worked for them ! I'd have to tell them they've made a mistake, which sounds bad as it's so very trivial. 

I can't understand why the murderer didn't notice and asked to switch seats. Although that might draw attention to themselves? 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile

What if you were't the first back at the table? You are assuming people would be like you but it wouldn't have to be the Killer who notices things  SPOILER WARNING! Think of Lord Edgware Dies and After The Funeral.