WHICH AC STORY WAS NOT BELIEVABLE TO YOU?

glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States ✭✭✭
For me it was THE DREAM....

The best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes.

Agatha Christie

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose we can talk about the novels too and not only short stories. In this case, A Pocket Full of Rye, Death in the Clouds and Murder in Mesopotamia.
  • jenniferjennifer Investigator
    SEMI SPOILER ALERT!!!I would have to agree with tudes...Death in the Clouds - even though I loved it, was hard to believe that no one  in that plane would notice the "change" of flight attendant.   HC's Christmas was also, again a great story, but the string and bladder set up just wouldn't work out that perfectly.  Still loved the stories though.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparkling Cyanide SPOILER ALERTS!!! I Can't believe no-one would notice they were sitting in the Purse thing,surely people would say here's your Purse and not drink the wrong drink, ad Evil Under The Sun, wouldn't you notice it wasn't who someone said it was and The Hydra short story aswell, wouldn't someone put the Hat on but I like all these except for Sparkling Cyanide
  • Murder in Mesopotamia is the hardest one for me to believe.
  • Murder in Mesopotamia, Death in the Clouds, They do it with Mirrors. I enjoy these books a lot but their is a degree of improbability.
    Cards On The Table, There is a degree of improbalility with most of the boks, It doesn't stop me wanting to read them though :-)
  • ZeddieZeddie Ballymoney, United Kingdom Investigator
    I agree with Death in the Clouds totally. How could you not notice someone with a white coat on, in such a confined space?? 
    On a similar note, I think Lord Edgeware dies is also slightly unbelieveable as how could Donald Ross not notice straight away when he met the real Lady Edgeware that she wasn't the woman who sat opposite him at the dinner party?
    I still love both these novels so I try not to over-think them!

• I did wonder about Death In The Clouds.SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!  But in the adaptation, the air stewards who served the food also wore white coats. Perhaps that's what they wore back then?

Murder In Mesopotamia- Implausible but perhaps not impossible. But for me, the worse end was Taken At The flood. I just couldn't believe who Lynn ended up with. For me the romantic ends is some books are much more implausible than any of the murder plots!  Towards Zero, Taken At The Flood, Blue train- quite a list. 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
    I can't remember the name of one short story I found unbelievable, but Evil Under The Sun was I think a re-working of it, It is set in a Hydra, I don't really find Evil Under The Sun or The Bloodstained Pavement believable either, 
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina ✭✭✭
    For me, it was After the Funeral

*SPOILERS*

I will never believe that the family didn't realized that the woman who was in front of them at the funeral wasn't Cora, but Miss Gilchrist. There were many people, my gosh, maybe she could have cheated one or two, or maybe three of them, but not all!