Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple ?

Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple ? Why ?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    That is an impossible question, some Poirot's are better than  a couple of Marples and a few Marple's are better than some Poirot's as people they are even
  • In my opinion it is Poirot. The stories involving him are typically better than those with Miss Marple and his character is so fascinating!
  • Very hard. If the question who do like best or who would you most like to meet if they were real? or whose books are best?

I wolud choose Poirot as I've never met anyone like him! The books also have much tighter plots. The ART Deco time period attracts me more. 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
  • LeopoldoAtila LeopoldoAtila Investigator
    edited January 2014
    They're both great. Each one has a different style. Poirot has a lot of manias, he's funny in a certain way. Miss Marple is more like your grandmother, soft, smooth. I don't have a favourite. It's depends on the book.
  • SerourBSerourB Essex, United Kingdom Investigator

I definitely vote poirot , I just love him and Suchet has been the perfect actor for poirot .

• PamelaHardinPamelaHardin Kentucky, United States Investigator
    I am more a Poirot fan than a Miss Marple fan.  And David Suchet is absolutely the very best Poirot!
  • Sad_CypressSad_Cypress Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania Investigator
    I too am more a Poirot fan than Miss Marple. A lot of time had to pass for me to start liking Miss Marple stories.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    Miss Marple got a raw deal I think, only one of her books has Characters which appear in non-Marple books and she isn't given a Side-kick, but I think I prefer her as Poirot is in too many books so you could get fed up of him but Miss Marple appears in either a little too few Books or just the right amount with only one which isn't not as good as the others but the more you have with a Character the more chance there is of a bad one but that is a matter of Opinion as to which it is.
  • StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece Investigator
    I am in favor of Marple. Her cozy nature and her mind attracts me. I didn't choose Poirot because he is too scholastic
    Old Sins Have Long Shadows
      Elephants can Remember

I'm writing my Christie! Check it Out