Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Best and Worst Miss Marple?

I'm in no position to comment on this since I've only read 4.50 from Paddington but I would like everyone else's thoughts on which Marple was both the best and which you liked the least.

Comments

• So far, I enjoyed all Miss Marple's books- 4.50 from Paddington, A Murder is Announced and The Moving Finger.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best Miss Marple book is probably A Murder is Announced but I have always before said it's a Triple tie with 4.50 From Paddington and Seeping Murder, all three are divine, the worst is by a long way They Do It With Mirrors with the other one that Helen Hayes did coming 2nd, The Distributers of the Gracie Fields version of A Murder Is Announced don't think there enough call to bring it out, It is a pity the suggested version with Angela Landesbury was never made
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I think the best is A Murder is Announced. But I also love Sleeping Murder, Murder at the Vicarage and The Moving Finger. They're really good.
    The worst I think it's They do it with mirrors. I'm not a big fan of Nemesis either. To be honest, I don't think they're bad, but they're weaker than the rest.
  • I like so many Miss Marple stories but I thnik that Sleeping Murder and Body In The Library are my favourites. I like Nemesis alot mainly fr the shock at the end. The later Marple stories tend to be more emotional based rather than tight, fast paced whodunnits.

My least favourite is Pocket full Of Rye- I had read so many nursery rhymed themed murders. that when I came to this I was rather tired of them.  I didn't like the characters (except Miss M). 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
  • I forgot to mention The moving Finger as one of my favourite stories. 
    "Do not allow evil into your heart. It will make a home there." Poirot -Death On The Nile
  • my fav is the moving finger....................................................................
    “Time is the best killer.” 
  • hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • h