If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.
1. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself
2. Actually I don’t remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.
3. Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws.
4. Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors.
5. Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
6. I like any reaction I can get with my music. Just anything to get people to think. I mean if you can get a whole room full of drunk, stoned people to actually wake up and think, you’re doing something.
7. I think in art, but especially in films, people are trying to confirm their own existences.
8. I’m interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos, especially activity that appears to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road toward freedom.
9. It’s like gambling somehow. You go out for a night of drinking and you don’t know where your going to end up the next day. It could work out good or it could be disastrous. It’s like the throw of the dice.
10. Listen, real poetry doesn’t say anything; it just ticks off the possibilities. Opens all doors. You can walk through anyone that suits you.
11. Love cannot save you from your own fate.
12. People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend.
13. The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.
14. Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts.
15. Whoever controls the media, controls the mind
16. I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.”
17. I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps “Oh look at that!” Then- whoosh, and I’m gone…and they’ll never see anything like it ever again… and they won’t be able to forget me- ever
18. The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder.”
19. I wouldn’t mind dying in a plane crash. It’d be a good way to go. I don’t want to die in my sleep, or of old age, or OD…I want to feel what it’s like. I want to taste it, hear it, smell it. Death is only going to happen to you once; I don’t want to miss it.
20. The future’s uncertain and the end is always near
21. Let’s just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That’s all it was: curiosity.
22. Being drunk is a good disguise. I drink so I can talk to a**holes. This includes me.
23. Violence isn’t always evil. What’s evil is the infatuation with violence.
24. Kata ton daimona eay toy – From his headstone, that translates to “True to his own spirit.”
Gathered to you by Donald from