Why didn't AC write more Tommy and Tuppence Stories?

1235»

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't you see the Fun in The Beresford Books, The Escapeist Caperism that Encapsulates The Beresfords which was so sadly lacking in the BBC Dry and Much too normal series, The Beresfords should be Fun and exciting, as Agatha Christie put Poirot in 33 Novels he can get mundane and boring.

I forgot to add That By The Pricking of My Thumb and Postern of Fate might be weak but so too are some Poirot's The Hollow, Hickory Dickory Dock, One Two Buckle My Show, Five Little Pigs, Murder In Mesopotamia and The Big Four come to mind.
  • GriseldaGriselda ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Tommy, I agree exactly with your choice of the weaker Poirot stories. And Agatha Christie was great with humour, and you get this with the Beresford novels. By the way, when you look back through these old posts, back a couple of years, you see the names of very regular posters who are no longer on this site. Is there a linked site where they might have gone? There is Facebook I guess, but what else? And that list of posters which the site posts has names which don't contribute to these pages. I know we have had the discussion about the Agatha Christie Society which is now for private members, but I wondered if there was a linked site.

When this site was unable to be used for some reason I put Agatha Christie site in Google and found there is another one starting up perhaps they have gone there, It was in its infancy and you could only ask to join if and when it was up and running.

• bandovanbandovan Arhus, Denmark Investigator
    n or m is the best of all, i was 14 when i read it ,i love to see film made according her books and read all of christie,s book,all of her books translated in farsi(persian),all and even fx one book,roger ackroyed translated by at least 10 persons,i have collecting AC books in farsi , no matter who translated it ,the frist book translated to farsi is back to 1950,murder in mesopotemia,i have now over 700 farsi agatha christies book,some of them are as i said with difrent translators.now i am 64, and i love her more than i was 14, i never misted intrest in her books, wherever i go,i carry her books.,god bless her.what a time was in 1965 ,i start collecting her books,
1235»