Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

John Malkovich to play Poirot in THE ABC MURDERS!

2»

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    Luke said:
    not sure what to make of this tbh, with the various SP adaptions, personally I'm getting tired that the tone has to be dark. I also don't know how you would improve on the Suchet version as that was extremely well done! 

I agree with you. I think Suchet's version very well done and faith to the book. I don't see the point of another ABC murders. I think it would be nice to adapt another story as Cards on the table or The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (they´re weak adaptations).
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭

There has only been one version, I would rather another version of something that has only been done once before rather than another version of Murder On The Orient Express which had been done with Albert Finney, Alfred Molina and David Suchet before Sir Kenneth Brannagh.

• JS88JS88 Peterborough Investigator
    I think JM would be better cast as Inspector Japp, but he is a fine and versatile actor who doesn't take himself too seriously so fingers crossed. Just fearing the direction might take the same rout as KB's so we may see car chases through Central London etc. etc. As far as the tone is concerned, it is a fairly dark tale, not sure how it could be lightend up. As always with these things, we live in hope.
    edited August 11

There has only been one version, I would rather another version of something that has only been done once before rather than another version of Murder On The Orient Express which had been done with Albert Finney, Alfred Molina and David Suchet before Sir Kenneth Brannagh.

Viewed that way, you're right. We have four versions of Murder on the Orient Express and only two of ABC Murders. But the Suchet's version is a very good one (I don't see the other one).
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    There's also been a French version in Les Petits Meutres d'Agatha Christie, but it's heavily changed from the book.  Poirot and Hastings are gone, and the killer has been changed.
    Thanks, @GKCfan! I didn't know it!
  • rabbity300rabbity300 London,England Investigator
    when does it come out?

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    rabbity300, right now, The ABC Murders is planned to come out around Christmas this year in the UK, and will most likely air in the US on Amazon Prime sometime in the early part of 2019.
2»