Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

What is Agatha Christie's IQ?

watermarkwatermark Portland, USA Investigator
Hi, after I threw a paperback copy of Agatha Christie's "The Body In the Library" against the wall and fumed in a delicious but light-hearted ticked off mode [as she just blew my mind in how she plotted that book as well as "A Murder Is Announced," "Who killed Roger Ackroyd?" and "Murder at the Vicarage"], I was really curious to see what Agatha's IQ was as the books I've read by her were just excellent. Does anyone know how she fared in her education? I would have to assume that someone would have to have a decent IQ in order to come up with such clever plots. Thanks!

Comments

• taliavishay-arbeltaliavishay-arbel ✭✭✭✭
    Read her autobiography - It's even better than her mysteries, and that is saying a lot! The amazing thing is that she was home-schooled at a time when there was no supervision over home schooling, so she recieved very little formal education - but she was a voracious reader, and educated herself.

I envy you because you still have many of Agatha Christie's books to discover - I've been reading her books for 50 years.