Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Unconventional Christie stage adaptations

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
Do any of you have any ideas about creating an unconventional Christie stage adaptation?  Here's a suggestion– a two-actor version of Murder on the Orient Express.  One actor plays Poirot, the other performer plays all of the other characters.  Does anybody have any other ideas?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would work but I do like the idea, I think you would have to have 4 Actors, 1 playing Poirot, 1 Playing The Victim one playing the Female Passengers and 1 playing The other Male Passengers., I saw a stage Production of Murder At The Vicarage once which was played for laughs.is that Unconventional?
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    I think that the original stage production of MATV was supposed to have some comedy– Christie didn't like the fact that in the play, Miss Marple faints, and it provoked a lot of laughs.
  • Luke Luke ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, no Christie would not have liked that Im sure
    I enjoyed it, but then I love Theatre.

An Operatic version of MOTOE or ATTWN might be interesting to watch.
  • stephenstephen London, United Kingdom Investigator
    edited May 25

An Operatic version of MOTOE or ATTWN might be interesting to watch.
    Hahah, I can just imagine an aria titled 'Who is Mr U N Owen?' or a recitative based upon the rhyme for ATTWN or something like 'Who is that woman in the scarlet kimono? fah-lah-lah-lah-lah' for MOTOE 🙂