Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Is the new Laura Thompson book on Agatha Christie an update of her 2007 version?

mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States Investigator
edited March 16 in About Christie
Agatha Christie
I have this book but there is a "new" one coming out  

Agatha Christie: A Mysterious life.

Four USA fans, do we know if this is the same, an update, or a totally new book?   The cover is different:
Agatha Christie A Mysterious life

Comments

• mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States Investigator
    they are both 544 pages exactly, so I suspect it is a USA version.  I may have bought the "English Mystery..." from Amazon UK.  I don't remember.
  • Luke Luke ✭✭✭
    I have only just got this, what do people think of it?
    I am slowly reading it.  I have the UK version which I had bought when it came out there.  It is slow reading but detailed.  This "access to all the papers...."   i always take with a grain of salt.  But overall I am enjoying it.
  • Luke Luke ✭✭✭
    thank you 
  • MohanMohan Chennai Investigator
    If you were to make a choice between the Laura Thompson and the Janet Morgan one, which one would you choose?
    Hi Mohan. Sorry I come on this site at irregular intervals.   Still reading the Thompson book.  I suspect it has more up to date information since it bills itself as "written with unique access to the diaries, letters, and family"