Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Death on the Nile Release Date!

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
It looks like Kenneth Branagh's Death on the Nile will be out Nov. 8, 2019!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-dates-murder-orient-express-sequel-pushes-alita-1084263

Comments

• Whenever it hits the theatres, I'll go out and watch it BUT I'm not expecting much from the new production of Death On The Nile. At least I'll get a night to go out and enjoy popcorn and soda pop! The book will always be the best in my book! To have a movie based on Christie's books hitting the big screen is a treat but I wish they were more faithful to the book, instead of thrusting modern elements merely to appeal to a contemporary audience. Hope we won't get a Poirot that is half mystery, half action. 

“People in the dark are quite different, aren’t they?”  ― A Murder Is Announced 
  • The original, Ustinov movie was fairly faithful, if you'd like to see it. 
  • The original, Ustinov movie was fairly faithful, if you'd like to see it. 
    I saw the Ustinov version and that is a good treatment of the book, simplifying it while at the same time being true to the material. Of course there are some flaws but nothing outstanding to turn me away.The snake part in the film I could have done without, though.

“People in the dark are quite different, aren’t they?”  ― A Murder Is Announced 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the snake part, It would have been nice if The Allerton's had been in The Film.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    ***SPOILERS***

The big question I had in the Ustinov version was how did the killer get the snake to put in Poirot's cabin?  The boat didn't stop on the way back north, did it?  Would the guilty party have had to have bought it ahead of time?  Did the killer keep it in a cabin, feeding it for a couple of days just in case it was needed?
  • PoirotBabosaGalaxyPoirotBabosaGalaxy Fort Lauderdale Investigator
    Oh, my gosh! I do hope that the plot has twists and turns and perhaps goes back into ancient Egypt with a book like Death Comes as the End. Like a big giant Atlas cloud super plot mystery that all comes together.

Sherlock Holmes movies are modern.

It's now time that Monsieur Hercule Poirot becomes a strong super hero character with action packed scenes beating up the bad guys with his cane and smash his numerous amounts of magnifying glasses on the suspects to make them squirm in their seats whilst he's trying to make them confess. 

The little wimpy portrayal of a legendary HERCULES solving little old lady MURDERS has got to halt. And now let's board the orient express and go further into an entire dimension.

What all of you lack is imagination! All of you old dusty book worms are crawling all over Agatha Christie's ancient texts and in turn cannot come up with anything original as she did.

I have been creatively re-imaging what an Agatha Christie mystery movie ought to look like for some time now. And I could come up with s superb modern and totally suspenseful screenplay. 

It's about time you start believing that the little grey cells exist...

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poirot Babosa Galaxy You are wrong in nearly every way, The Film should be as it is in the book, I assume you are a fan of BBCs Sherlock and I too would like Poirot and Miss Marple, The Beresfords and some of the other Characters to have the same treatment but from your insults to us I doubt you have the ability to do it
  • Luke Luke ✭✭✭
    I'll be interested as to how this version will do it, as orient express seems to suggest that the murder on the nile has already taken place, whereas the original book Poirot is already there
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also curious if this version will be faithful or not. Death in the Nile is a great book. It would be more interesting to be faithful to it. And I would like less action. Poirot isn't a sort of street fighter or something like that.
  • Luke said:
    I'll be interested as to how this version will do it, as orient express seems to suggest that the murder on the nile has already taken place, whereas the original book Poirot is already there
    Do you mean the movie? Because I don't remember the Nile being mentioned in the book about the Orient Express (rather, the end of "Murder in Mesopotamia" suggests that "Murder on the Orient Express" will follow immediately).