Book paper quality

Books are not cheap.  I am fed up of buying a book only to find that the pages go brown within a few weeks.  Okay, so the book can be read before this but if I want to pass it on or read it again it is very off-putting.  Does anyone agree?  Should we petition the booksellers?

Comments

• I think part of the problem is that a lot of people read from kindles, tablets or I-phones, so that publishers of new publications or reprints have a smaller group of clients, and just don't bother. I admit I pick up a paper book not oftener than once a month.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    When I start reading Murder Mysteries like that I want to be found Bludgoened to Death in a Pool of Blood in a Locked Room with no Windows
  • I also felt like that, and I know a lot of people (especially of my generation) who say they need the feel of a book and the smell of paper and ink, in order to enjoy reading. However, electronic reading has advantages that to me gave a new life to reading - I can determine the size of the letters, the width of the margins and the space between the lines, and for a person with a learning disability and failing eyesight, this is a real gift. It is easy for "real readers" to sneer at us, but sometimes a screen is the difference between being able to read and not being able to read.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭
    For me it is far more basic, I like getting a book opening it reading it and putting it back with my collection of other Books, If everybody just read Books using a Kindle the people who make Bookmarks would be out of Work and I like putting Bookmarks in books.
  • I love decorative bookmarks! but if it is a question of giving up bookmarks or giving up reading - give me my kindle!