What Poirot novels do you think would be better suited to Miss Marple?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean Lydia's Friend and In The Adventure of The Christmas Pudding she could be a Friend of the Woman of The House.
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    Excellent idea, @Tommy_A_Jones! I would have also thought that Miss Marple could be a friend of the late Mrs Lee (the mother of George, Harry, David, Alfred and Jennifer). But in the novel, I feel sure she would know at one SPOILER ALERT about Superintendent Sugden - she would ask about his family, and, meeting Mrs (or Miss) Sugden, know at once that the Superintendent shared no familial resemblance with his supposed "father" or mother, and looked like Simeon Lee.
    She would Phone Dermot just like she phones Dolly in a Book where Dolly is only mentioned.
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    That’s right - I’d forgotten about that. I’d certainly like Miss Marple in ‘Hickory Dickory Dock’ - as an friend of Mrs Hubbard (or involving Sally Finch as a protégée of Raymond West). Though an important part of the plot is that Mrs Hubbard was Miss Lemon’s sister, that fact can be reduced to an interesting Easter-egg, so to say. Miss Marple’s interactions with the young people (of a plethora of nationalities) would be interesting.

There are not too many steps from Miss Lemon to Miss Marple, Miss Lemon to Ariadne to Dane Calthorp to Miss Marple so it is conceivable that Miss Hubbard would know Miss Marple, Good Idea HerculeAndAchille

I meant not Inconcievable
  • She would Phone Dermot just like she phones Dolly in a Book where Dolly is only mentioned.

Which book is that?
    I can't remember but in one which doesn't have Dolly Miss Marple phones Dolly for information, It might be The Mirror Crack's or They Do It With Mirrors or Pocketful of Rice or Sleeping Murder.
  • In "The mirror cracked" Dolly has quite a major role. In "They do it with mirrors" she isn't mentioned. I think you mean "Sleeping murder", where Miss Marple meets Dolly Bantry in her garden to ask her about her former cook who now has a boarding house in Dillmouth.
    I didn't think Dolly was in Sleeping Murder, I mean Miss Marple is away at someone's House and she says she Phoned her Friend Dolly for Information about something