What Poirot novels do you think would be better suited to Miss Marple?

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you that Evil under the sun would be a great book with Miss Marple. But I think it would have been  different. 
    I love this book. It's my favorite one. Maybe it's the reason why I'm so passionate in its defense.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is knocking it Tudes, I was just playing the Game, I think It would be great if she went to The Hotel or on The Boat in Death On The Nile with Dolly, Bunch or Cherry.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ✭✭✭✭
    That's fine! It's funny to think about Miss Marple and Dolly in Death on the Nile. I think Dolly would be play an important role in solving the crime. 
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I'm inclined to think Rosalie Otterbourne might strike up an unlikely friendship with Miss Marple aboard the SS Karnak. Crooked House (which isn't, admittedly, a Poirot novel), with involvement from Miss Marple might be interesting. Raymond might know Magda, who he met at the London social scene - no doubt, both creatively inclined, and Mr West might introduce Miss Marple, in that way, to the family.
    I think you are Right Tudes, she would help Miss Marple like Hastings helps Poirot in other books, I can't see Miss Marple in Crooked House.
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    What other novels can you think of, Tommy_A_Jones? (Even Miss Marple novels that you think Poirot would fit better into)
    If we are moving on from Poirot books which could have Poirot to other Books which could have a different Sleuth I have always thought Ordeal By Innosense could have Poirot in addition to Calgary, After he leaves The Solicitor to see the Family the Solicitor could Phone Poirot and so when Calgary goes back to the Solicitor he is there and Poirot uses Calgary as a Hastings, I see no reason why Destination UNknown, and They Came To Baghdad can't have Anne Beddingfield instead of Victoria and Hilary, If Endless Night couldn't have Miss Marple it should have had Race, I think the Book needed a Recurring Character and if Suzy Blair couldn't have helped Race with Sparkling Cyanide then remove Race and put in Tommy and Tuppence.
    It would have been nice to see Ariadne at Meadowbanks perhaps on Prize day or a Governer, and Hastings could have been an Executor of the Will in After The Funeral and Hastings could have accompanied Poirot in The Hollow.
    It would have been nice if Hastings had turned up in Endless Night, he would have given the Book life.
  • It would have been nice if Hastings had turned up in Endless Night, he would have given the Book life.
    Hastings??? In Endless Night? Why not add Poirot to the mix then? I think the book is fine as it is with the characters Christie wrote.

“People in the dark are quite different, aren’t they?”  ― A Murder Is Announced