Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY: Idea

HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
Hi, fellow Christiophiles!
I just had a strange but wonderful idea... What if someone were to write a biography of Agatha Christie, but narrated by each one of her murderers, in chronological order...?
I would certainly enjoy seeing SPOILER Simon Doyle and Dr Roberts lend their thoughts to paper, as well as, of course, Robin Upward... What about you? Who would you like to see narrate Mrs Christie's life?

Let me know in the comments!

Comments

• Sounds fantastic!

• HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    Who do you think would make an interesting narrator, Tali? I think SPOILER that Miss Gilchrist's fluttery way of speaking would be quite humorous 
  • I'd give parts of the narration to victims as well as villains. I'd give a short bit to Mrs. Boynton - her acidity could be a good contrast to the other narrators. And a bit to Josephine from crooked house. Again, she would be a contrast to the others.
    That does sound quite interesting. Perhaps people wrongly arrested for crimes could also narrate sections - Caroline from "Five Little Pigs" would have an honest, blunt style, I think.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States mod
    That does sound interesting!  I can think of at least one book though that might be problematic in certain ways, but a creative writer could over come that...
    What book were you thinking about, GKCFan?
    HerculeAndAchille, I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but most of us should recognize that there's at least one book with a LOT of murderers (actually, at least three books fit that bill), and there are multiple books with a LOT of victims.  Like I said, a really good writer could find a way around that, though.
    I see what you mean, @GKCfan. And it's one of her most popular novels, as well. Also, the novel set in ancient Egypt - Death Comes as the End, may be tricky, since of course none of the characters have even the faintest idea of who Agatha Christie was.
    Heh!  I can just picture some writer crafting a scene with those ancient Egyptians having visions of the future, or their ghosts haunting an archeological dig.
    And Christie was certainly interested in archeological digs (and ghosts haunting tombs)! That does sound very ridiculous, I agree...